Fabric donations from manufacturers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabric donations from manufacturers

Has anyone on the board written a donation letter to the well know fabric manufacturers and if so did you get any positive responses?? The service organization I belong to is taking on a huge service project of making approx 600 fidgit pads at out international convention to be distributed to people with all types of dementia. We are in need of fabric donations and I was wondering if they would donate discontinued or end of bolt pieces for a project like this.
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Re: Fabric donations from manufacturers

CATHY, I don't know where you live but as I reached out to mfg and fabric on line stores for donations for the Shriners I got little response. What I did find, was that people are very generous is cleaning out their stash for a good cause. I also found that if you can find an area where mills have closed, you might find great bargains in large lots. The employees who left these mills were given all the mill ends and after using what they wanted started selling them off by the large boxfulls. I bought a pick up truck full for $100. No it wasn't anything I would have picked out on my own but it made great donation quilts. All you can do is ask. You will be surprised if you are dilligent...how much fabric is out there. I bought partial bolts of drapery fabrics that made great backings from Goodwill and also, thrift stores often times have lots of donated fabric for sale cheap. Our habitat store here has several big totes of remnants that they got from somewhere. So reach out and be thankful. Blessings will befall you

Comment

Try Landau, Barco, Cherokee etc. They make nursing scrubs. At one time, some companies advertised bulk remnants for sale in the ad sections of nursing magazines. Good fabric.
      Blessings Kathy

Comment

If you can show that you are a 501C3 organization you would get more response.
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
          If you can show that you are a 501C3 organization you would get more response.
          Yes, we are a 501c3.
          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

As you may know, my friend and I are involved in Days for Girls. We are in the middle of a huge project to make 220 kits (that is 440 shields, eight pads, a bag, another bag, and miscellaneous items) to take to Madagascar in June.

I belong to a quilting group for the Pacific Northwest on facebook and posted a request on there and got responses back. Quilters are very giving people. I also have been watching Marketplace (also on FB) diligently and found quilting cotton for $1. A family was selling grandmas stash as she had become quite the hoarder!! We bought all he had that met our requirements and got over 70 yards for $60 (he decided to charge by the pound instead).

Put feelers out at guilds, groups you belong to etc.....you might be surprised!!
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Working...
            X