Forum Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Upgrade

Hey everyone, we're doing a bit of work over here in the next two to three days.

We're planning on upgrading servers -
    The good - faster load times, more room to grow, and more reliability (backups!! Yay!)
    The bad - you may find the forum down for a few hours in the wee hours of the morning, don't be alarmed, it's just us mice in the server closet.

The design will change -
    As part of the upgrade we're getting some new colors, the design will simplify a bit, but we're hoping to add in a bit more color soon, I know change is hard, we'll try really hard to not make it too confusing.

All the data is safe -
    you won't lose any posts or pm's, we got you!

You will have to login again -
    Everyone will be logged out, so if you don't remember your password cause you've been logged in for 2 years, you may have to click the password reset button, we'll be standing by to give you love and support along the way.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Re: Forum Upgrade

[email protected] logged in for two years. I don't turn the night light off either.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Bill, please tell us you aren't going to be using the same upgrade as the "other" quilt forum? Their's is so bad (mostly the colors) that I had to give it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
        Bill, please tell us you aren't going to be using the same upgrade as the "other" quilt forum? Their's is so bad (mostly the colors) that I had to give it up.
        the beauty with me is if you hate the colors, just tell me and I can change them Give it a week or two and see how you feel though, but yeah, we're in this together, so no worries

Comment

I can't wait to see the changes! Thanks for all your hard work on this.

Comment

Thank you Bill. I know you work hard to make us happy, and it is so appreciated to also know we have your ear.

Comment

Thanks for the head's up, Al!

As a card carrying night owl I probably would have thought it was a "MY computer" issue. You have saved me a lot of middle of the night angst. Looking forward to the refreshment/upgrade. (Just wondering if this could also be announced in the M* Blog!?!?!?)

Comment

Thank you so much for letting us know and for providing this forum. You all rock!

Jeannette

Comment

Thank you Al, your such a hard working, intelligent, dedicated man! There's always bumps in the road, people need to have patience, and accept the minor inconveniences that inevitably come with change.
                  When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
                  Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Please don't ruin it like the "other" quilting board did. I rarely go there anymore because it's so hard to read.

Comment

FYI ~ My daily e-m's are coming regularly now like they used to. Only occas. will it go into my junk folder. I get e-m's from other sources that always go into my junk folder. I've learned to just always check that folder every day. Thanks for all you do to keep things going. Love M*! You're the best!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! I made sure I have my password handy.
                        Barbara

Comment

Al, anxious to see the new stuff, and
                          thanks for the heads up. Is this going to fix the issue
                          Of not recieving DD emails? Not to sound like a DD addict, but .......

Comment

Originally posted by tamsterg7 View Post
                            Al, anxious to see the new stuff, and
                            thanks for the heads up. Is this going to fix the issue
                            Of not recieving DD emails? Not to sound like a DD addict, but .......
                            The forum is on a totally different server, so no. But check the squeaky wheel thread and let them know you aren't receiving them as someone is working on that issue right now.
                            K is for Karen 😊​..................
                            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                            T - is it TRUE?
                            H - is it HELPFUL?
                            I - is it INSPIRING?
                            N - is it NECESSARY?
                            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Wonder how that affects we UK members - can't work out the time changes!! but it is what it is so thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X