Forum Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forum Upgrade

LOL.....I just now (after 9 yrs "saved" my password!!! It's been the same since 2014 when for some unknown reason I couldn't get back into the account. Alan did help me with it though as I didn't want to set up a completely different account. 2014 was when I had been in the hospital for 16-17 weeks during my kidney issues (I had a CT-scan with contrast that stopped my kidneys and had to have Kidney Dialysis for 16 weeks.
    Anyway, I wasn't feeling that great and had forgotten the password I used. Since then, it's been the same password after Alan was gracious enough to help me out!
    ************************************************** ********************************
    Most of us don't like change, I'll admit that, but I think it's okay to have changes once in awhile and will look forward to the new things MSQC will soon have of course. We all need to grow a little more and of course I'm sure MSQC does too!
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I no longer know my password. How will I be able to reset it?

Comment

The forum has a password reset link that works (used it myself the other day). If that doesn't work, though, just contact our Customer Service crew and let them know. They'll pass your info along and we'll manually reset your password for you. Thanks!

Brian with Missouri Star

Comment

Thanks Bill!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blusk View Post
            The forum has a password reset link that works (used it myself the other day). If that doesn't work, though, just contact our Customer Service crew and let them know. They'll pass your info along and we'll manually reset your password for you. Thanks!

Brian with Missouri Star
            Sorry, where do I find the link?

Comment

Originally posted by Grama Debbie View Post
              Sorry, where do I find the link?
              It's on the sign-in screen, usually showing right after I've messed up typing in my password! This is the direct link, but you'll need to be signed out to use it:

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/login.php?do=lostpw

Comment

I was still logged in!

Comment

For security's sake, I don't stay logged in on any web site. I always log off of everything & shut down down my laptop when not in use. There are too many hackers out there.

Comment

Joy, you're pretty computer savvy....that's great!!!!
                    You're right, we shouldn't stay logged in on any site. I have some really "strange" practices (well, some would say they're strange) but I didn't leave my Credit Card information on any sites I normally purchase things from simply because I was terrified of someone stealing my information.)
                    Several businesses I deal with tell me (in a way...they don't come right out an say it) I'm being foolish and my info is "safe" on their sites. I don't THINK so. Several months ago, Wendy's (fast food restaurant) had a computer breech with all of their restaurants in the county I reside in BUT the restaurant I use. LOL! Still, I usually always have cash on me for restaurant purposes. More than one person I know has had the wait staff run their credit cards TWICE....Another thing I do is usually give the wait staff a tip on the table (cash) because a friend of mine's niece had $15 added to the line where the tip was to be written.....the niece gave the waitress a cash tip prior to leaving the restaurant but she DIDN'T put a O(ZERO) in the blank space and draw a line thru the Zero on the sales receipt....and so the waitress (who had received a 20% tip for her service then preceded to "write" $15.00 into the blank space where the tip went on the receipt. From then on, I have always drawn a line with a O where the (written amount) of the tip belongs..and I initial it too. Call me over cautious, but I've never had my ID stolen or had someone take more out of my account than necessary.
                    Last year, my Credit Union offered a way to keep "Extra" track of my accounts for a $2. I signed up for it, and I have never had an issue since (then too, I never had issues prior to signing up either).
                    I am really careful (probably over the top careful, but that's okay. I check my bank balance in the AM and later on in the evening as well, just to be cautious.
                    One thing I love about my Credit Union is that they actually "pay" me for using my account whether I am using my debit card or I write a check. I earn $12-15 each month JUST for using my debit card. (Although for added security, I always run it as a Credit Card.) If I accidentally run it as a Debit Card, the Credit Union ALWAYS calls to ask if I "did that?" In the last 20 yrs, I've ran the Debit card as a Debit card TWICE.....I was told running the card as a Credit Card adds extra protection to my account and apparently it's true because (Knock on wood) I've never had an issue with my account EVER.

I get laughed at by a couple of friends because I'm constantly checking my account and I balance it every day. One time when I was a nurse in a major hospital, a man I took care of was a retired President of a large bank here in Michigan and he told me to NEVER trust the bank you deal with....to always check your accounts and make sure they balance. You can bet after than nice old guy told me that, I made extra sure to always check my balances!!! I figure if a President of a bank tells you that, you'd better listen UP!

Lionus Sigh.jpg
                    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I've never used a debit card from any bank. About the only time I use a CC is if I order something on line. DH religiously checks our bank balances every morning -- sometimes more times if he's expecting an automatic withdrawal or deposit. He also checks the CC balance daily. It definitely pays to stay on top of things.

Comment

Never stay logged on to anything! Never check the "remember me" and if possible always pay as a guest at checkout. I always use pay pal when I can. I have had my email address stolen, and if your thinking that shouldn't be a problem, think again....someone had sent over 2,000 emails as spam! using my address! my account was suspended for suspicious activity. I cleared up for awhile, but even now I get some really bad emails wanting me to "click here" NEVER click on an email! It's a guaranteed way of getting a virus etc.
                        When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
                        Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                        X