• Show
Clear All

Make a "Mountain Lily" Quilt with Jenny Doan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lhzf8LullE

Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Make a "Mountain Lily" Quilt with Jenny Doan

OMG I thought today was Thursday for a minute there. Thanks Annika.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Me too, Monique, met too!
      I can't believe I missed a MSQC Tutorial until later on in the day! I am so hooked on Jenny's tutorials that I wake up EVERY Friday at 1am....I think this is only the 3 time I haven't watched the newest tutorial as soon as it comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annika, you are so sweet to post the new tutorial each week when they first come out for Night Owl's (like me) who wait patiently for the newest video to begin!!!! Every Friday morning, I'm up and running to the PC to watch my FAVORITE quilt (Jenny). My friends think I'm nuts. Oh well, there's worse things to get addicted to right? I love fabric WAYYYY tooo much for sure!
      Thanks so much Annika!

dogrunning.gif
      Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
      http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I like that quilt but as usual my mind was thinking about how to change it a little.
        I would like the top of each block quarter squares be sky colored, lol. Either the green is a bit strong or it would be more my style with less of it. I think you could make half of the qst in green and half in light blue and the layout would work out ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
          OMG I thought today was Thursday for a minute there. Thanks Annika.
          Well, that even out me thinking yesterday was Friday & wondering why there was no Jenny tutorial LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
            I like that quilt but as usual my mind was thinking about how to change it a little.
            I would like the top of each block quarter squares be sky colored, lol. Either the green is a bit strong or it would be more my style with less of it. I think you could make half of the qst in green and half in light blue and the layout would work out ok.
            I also had the same thought of using a light blue! It would really change things up!
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

It's a very pretty quilt. I also thought the green was a bit too stark. I have a JR of Summer Breeze that might work well for this pattern. However, I'm not a fan of all that snowballing. If I ever get to this one, it will be a while. I have too many other patterns in the queue, as well as too many UFOs.

Comment

That is what makes quilting so much fun! Making it "your own")) GB
                Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
                "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

This one doesn't speak to me, so I will wait and see what lovely creations everyone comes up with.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

It doesn't speak to me either. Too busy? The color? I would like to see a different color way too.
                    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

those with camera phones take a picture, then go into edit picture on your phone,
                      your looking to use the slider to change 'hue' . The colours all change. its up to you if save or not, personally I dont.
                      hopefully this method does not upset anyone, but does help choosing quilt colours its not an exact process but gives an idea. it is amazing how colours change quilts.

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                        It's a very pretty quilt. I also thought the green was a bit too stark. I have a JR of Summer Breeze that might work well for this pattern. However, I'm not a fan of all that snowballing. If I ever get to this one, it will be a while. I have too many other patterns in the queue, as well as too many UFOs.
                        I thought of Summer Breeze for this too!

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                          It doesn't speak to me either. Too busy? The color? I would like to see a different color way too.
                          I was thinking shades of purple, like mountains...not sure about this one. Lots of pieces to cut and lots of snowballing.

Comment

I rather like this one. Yes it is a bit fussy but I have a bunch of white 2-1/2” squares and a whole lot of jelly rolls That need a purpose. I also made those quarter square triangles by accident while making a sampler quilt last fall. I mixed up in my mind Jenny’s crazy 8 method of making HSTs and her method to make 4 HST. Quarter square triangles is what I got. I agree the green is a bit intense but it goes with the jelly roll she chose. this would be a quilt where I would work on it a little bit at a time.

Comment

I like this one! Agree with a lot of the ideas here on this one. Claire, I like your idea of a light blue, too. The green was pretty intense, but it did match the fabric line which reminded me of Summer Breeze also. I was thinking about a scrappy quilt - using lighter greens of a similar shade and hue or 30's prints would look really good, too. I also agree with it being a bit fussy with all those little snowballed corners, but I may give it a try someday down the list.
                              Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X