Baby clothes input please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baby clothes input please!

Thank you ALL so very much... this is exactly the kind of advice i was looking for! I had a feeling the smaller sizes were not a useful or practical thing! At my age the memories i have might be "out of date"...LOL..
    Bubby... you KNOW my needles and hooks are cranking fast and furious,, just can't wait to find out the sex! Working on an Irish Knit cardigan and "GB's design special" of a scrap afghan... just wating to see if it gets crochet flowers or "bubble/circles" sewn on top
    Going to work on the burp clothes and receiving blankets.. will probably make the travel change pad/diaper holders and some sort of tote to carry on the go as well... many moons ago when my Niece had a baby,,, i went to town on a little project for her.. off to find the picture of that... Again thank you all for always being there)) Hugs, GBmia bag full (Small).JPGall of it (Small).JPG
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

First of all congrats on becoming a GG. I would stay away from clothes all together unless you know the 'style' of the parents. If you do want to purchase some, I would stick with sleepers and gowns. You can never have enough burp cloths, changing pads, and blankets. As you said, I know your needles and hooks are in overdrive. Those are the things that are so special, that turn in to keepsakes.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

Congrats. I tried making some clothes. They outgrew them before we even finished them. LOL They all loved getting more burp cloths and for going out bibs, labeled things and blankets. So I am making a toddler quilt this year for 2nd bday. They both received baby quilts from great grandma and others. I am known as Gigi also. ;-)

Comment

congratulations,
          we got the nephews something similar to this wearable baby sleeping bag

Comment

I agree with Marilyn on style.

New parents like personalization too. If you check on Etsy for onesies they have every subject you could imagine and then some with special orders. Don't let this overwhelm you, just use some key words. Like if they are 'farm'ers or like camping etc..

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=baby%20onsie
            Lorie

Comment

Oh my stars! Barbara, Congratulations!
              7 years ago my youngest was born, clothing was always plenty as she was a girl. My oldest is turning 21 next week. When he was little, finding boys clothing is HARD. If you are having a girl, there will be clothes never worn as they grow so fast. If you are having a grandson, have fun shopping for clothing as boys clothing is not as plentiful! Also, if you find a cute outfit for your grandbaby to be and it is a size or two too big, buy it anyway. The problem I always had, I could find the discount racks at the end of the season for long sleeves and sweats/sweaters but that is no good for spring or summer. Buy clothing by approximate age by for the season. As the time nears, the parents will ask for help with car seats, swings, pack and plays, high chairs, bouncers, and cribs. They are going to find out how expensive baby is. If you want to contribute something really nice offer to get a convertible crib that will grow with them until they are in a full size bed. I wish I would have had that as an option for us. And of course deck that crib out with a really awesome quilt!!!!!
              Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Oh congratulations, how wonderful for you.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Congratulations. My first grandchild was born last year at same time in New England, too. Her gifted clothes were surprisingly in larger sizes, so I was glad I waited a bit. She actually needed more newborn clothes, so I bought some sleepers. What I made that was useful was 45 by 45 quilt for tummy time. Lots of burp clothes. A couple quiet books. Again congratulations

Comment

Again... thank you all for the wishes and ideas... Smart idea to concentrate on the necessary items... I am blessed with a lot of time and enough to be able to splurge Does anyone have a favorite "wipes and diaper" holder... I think i will be making several bags/tote, outfitted with needed items . Sweaters and quilts are a GIVEN...
                    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Working...
                    X