shaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shaver

I was at a class this week and at "show and tell" a lady used a mini shaver as a seam ripper if you need to do a long row. She said you just need to get the first few threads done and then seperate the material and zip down it. Has anyone heard of this and if you do it-what kind of razor do you use?
    Thanking you in advance.

Re: shaver

I have seen it, but it freaks me out.

I'm not usually ripping out long strips. I find it relaxing to rip out stitches - it's meditative in that I think about what I did wrong, and swear I won't do that mistake again.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

also seen, it was a beard trimmer used on sewing quarter, in fact himself now calls it a seam ripper, although never used in place of the manual ripper which can be just as quick if the bobble is downwards from the cut edge.
      T

Comment

IMG_5124[1].JPG

Is this what your asking about? I have never used it and I'm not sure where it even came from. Maybe, my daughter gave it to me.

I agree with Suzanne I rarely rip out long sections . I can just see myself cutting a hole in a quilt with it.

Comment

I just use a normal seam ripper too. This electric one might be good if you are doing something with old jeans that you need to rip seams out of. I also think it would be too easy to accidentally cut a hole in the quilt.

Comment

Check this out for super quick seam ripping: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Afi2Qzsrcw0
            Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I tried one at a sewing show and it cut the fabric up bad!! I was glad it wasn't something I had sewn.

The thing I like to use are eyebrow trimmers. You can get them in the cosmetic section, usually in packs of three.
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Working...
              X