• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ktdid
    replied
    Re: Totes /Handbags

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
    I simply gave you my opinion on who I believe are possibly the best bag makers in the group...I should have also added Jean Sewing Machine. (Jean Heckman) I don't have to include someone that I don't believe is on that same level of expertise...js....lot of bag makers on here....they are not all equal.
    You're right, not all have the skill level as Pat! It's hard to beat perfection... Actually your opinion doesn't even count! Have a wonderful day

Leave a comment:

• Doloris
    replied

I simply gave you my opinion on who I believe are possibly the best bag makers in the group...I should have also added Jean Sewing Machine. (Jean Heckman) I don't have to include someone that I don't believe is on that same level of expertise...js....lot of bag makers on here....they are not all equal.
    That comment was uncalled for. Why do you always have to try to hurt someones feelings?

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

Originally posted by ktdid View Post
    You should have mentioned Pat!

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

Thanks Pat!

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
    Hi Pat,

Love that purse! Where is a good place to buy the hardware?
    I buy mine at a variety of places. Hobby Lobby, Joanns, different places online, and a store up in Seattle called Seattle Fabrics. A lot of quilt shops also carry the hardware as well.

Leave a comment:

• ktdid
    replied

Karen McEuen or Sea Turtle (Cindy Tartle) would be my go to's for info on bag patterns or making. They both pattern test for various bad designers, and do amazing work. Cindy has built a very impressive business with her bags, and bag making skills....js
    You should have mentioned Pat!

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

Originally posted by bubba View Post
    The Professional Tote has a divider. It is a paper pattern only (not available in PDF) and comes in two different sizes. I use the large when I travel and used the smaller one as a purse before I retired. It is very time intensive (takes me about ten hours to sew the large one), but not difficult to make.

Blue Calla has a purse called The Dandelion Double Zip https://bluecallapatterns.com/collec...-release-price. It is a very nice pattern and not that hard of a sew. It is definitely purse size. I recently made one and really enjoyed the sew. You can get it as a PDF.

Have fun and prepare to get addicted!

*** If you need more ideas, let me know. I can look once I go upstairs. ***
    Hi Pat,

Love that purse! Where is a good place to buy the hardware?

Leave a comment:

• ktdid
    replied

Thank you Bubba! the link you listed was perfect I ordered it! And so was McEuen's. I really like the bluecallapatterns. Thanks again for all the suggestions! Kathryn
    Last edited by ktdid; February 9, 2020, 03:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

Karen McEuen or Sea Turtle (Cindy Tartle) would be my go to's for info on bag patterns or making. They both pattern test for various bad designers, and do amazing work. Cindy has built a very impressive business with her bags, and bag making skills....js

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

The Professional Tote has a divider. It is a paper pattern only (not available in PDF) and comes in two different sizes. I use the large when I travel and used the smaller one as a purse before I retired. It is very time intensive (takes me about ten hours to sew the large one), but not difficult to make.

Blue Calla has a purse called The Dandelion Double Zip https://bluecallapatterns.com/collec...-release-price. It is a very nice pattern and not that hard of a sew. It is definitely purse size. I recently made one and really enjoyed the sew. You can get it as a PDF.

Have fun and prepare to get addicted!

*** If you need more ideas, let me know. I can look once I go upstairs. ***
    Last edited by bubba; February 8, 2020, 12:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

This one might be close to what you want

https://www.rlrcreations.com/pdfpatterns/emilinahandbag

Leave a comment:

• Cokie
    replied

I have a pattern that I want to try (it's on my someday list!). It's a mini professional tote. I have made the regular size and I really like it.

Leave a comment:

• 201 Treadler
    replied

sorry no pattern but did get a Kipling candy gosh it be over 10 years ago now, has a back and front zipped compartments , 2 middle compartments, one has a area for phone, cards, pen.
    oh my gosh just looked on amazon, mine was a modest £20 back then from a different place, at the time decided could not make one and buy the fabric x notions for that price.
    is this the style of bag, your wanting a pattern for or another style,
    hope you find the ideal style x pattern for you to make.

Leave a comment:

• MHG Winnower
    replied

There are tons out there on the web. I've used some from this site before: https://so-sew-easy.com/best-free-purse-patterns/ Hopefully, Bubba will narrow it down for you.

Leave a comment:

• ktdid
    started a topic Totes /Handbags

Totes /Handbags

I've been wanting to make my own purse. what I can't seem to find is a pattern that includes a divider in the center, with pockets on the sides for cell phones etc.
    Bubba you seem to be the Queen Bag Lady, and you sure make gorgeous bags, have you made a purse like I described? Or anyone else made one? Any help is appreciated since I have no idea on how to make one!!
Working...
X