Design Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design Wall

I am thinking a design wall would be extremely helpful. Any thoughts on where to buy one? I have seen posts about making my own, but if one is already in a kit that would be better for me.

Re: Design Wall

There is this one on Amazon. It's on sale for $27. There is another for $40 something and it's the same thing. Reviews by low #'s don't tell the whole story, believe me I'm an Amazon junkie because of where I live. It looks perfectly fine to me. It's also by Keepsake Quilting which they don't mention in the listing.

https://www.amazon.com/Keepsake-Quil...0941706&sr=8-8
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I have the Fon's & Porter design wall. I just put Command Hooks on the wall and hung it up & it's ready to go. It had a grid on back that shows through to help with placement of fabric pieces or blocks.

https://www.joann.com/fons-and-porte...l/1504943.html
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
        I have the Fon's & Porter design wall. I just put Command Hooks on the wall and hung it up & it's ready to go. It had a grid on back that shows through to help with placement of fabric pieces or blocks.

https://www.joann.com/fons-and-porte...l/1504943.html
        That's a really nice one too. I think you might check on what size you can fit in your house first.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

i bought the fons and porter design wall (at joanns) and i love it.

Comment

I guess if you don't mind spending a lot more money, go to any dollar store and but a large inexpensive plastic tablecloth. They come in many sizes, and the backing on these are just perfect for holding fabric, I have even put a full sized quilt on them and they hold great. Just seems to me your paying for a "Name" rather than being practical.
            When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
            Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I use a queen size flannel sheet, attached with bull clips to the top of sliding closet doors. I didn't like flannel sheets on bed as I find they trapped me, but perfect for design wall. Once in a while i spray 505 spray on it if the blocks are too heavy.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I got the one Hulamoon mentioned when it was a daily deal. I've had it for 3 years and even at full price, it's worth every penny. I always have a big quilt on it and it has stood up well. No rips or sagging. I have it hanging with curtain clips from an Ikea rod so I can push it aside if I'm not using it.
                Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Working...
                X