Books, Elm Creek Quilts by J. Chiaverini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books, Elm Creek Quilts by J. Chiaverini

Has anyone read the Elm Creek books? Normally I am not a big fan of series books or TV shows but I need something to read. Do the books have the same characters, and do you need to read them in the order that they came out?

Re: Books, Elm Creek Quilts by J. Chiaverini

No need to read in order but if you do you will find there is some repetition as she introduces the same characters in each book. I did enjoy each and every one.
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

I've read several of them and enjoyed them all.
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

There was a group on these books https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=112
        read the fabric diary and the runners quilt, was really good. shame short stories.
        enjoy

Comment

A book series that I really enjoyed was the Mitford series. I really liked it. I have just finished another series on Kindle...it was about mail order brides. Very interesting.
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I have read most of the Elm Creek quilt books. I've enjoyed them all. Most are stand-alone books, but if you want to read them in the order in which they were published, there is a list somewhere on the web -- maybe the author's web site. I think it helps to have the background history of the family, how the farm & family originally began, etc. The first volume I bought was a 3 in 1, at a LQS. If you don't want to buy the books, and your public library doesn't have them, they can order them from other libraries for you. I buy a lot of used books from Thrift Books on line. I have an order pending now. Because I like to have any books that are in a series all on hand when I start book 1 of a series, I buy them rather than not be able to get the books in order from the library. I'm an avid reader. Many of my favorites I've read 2-4 times. I read >200 books last year.

Comment

Joycelyn, I’ve read several of the Elm Creek books and enjoyed them too. I also agree with Bubba, the Mitford series is really goo too. I would read that one in order.

You should drive down for the book sale in March! I will help you shop for those books at very cheap prices! Just think of the money you could save. ��
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

If you're looking for books that include quilting (and patterns), the Cobbled Court Quilts series by Marie Bostwick is good. There are 5 or 6 books in the series.

Comment

I’ve read several of her books. I really liked them.
                  I borrow them from our local library.
                  I think as a quilter you would enjoy them.
                  Be sure to start with the first book.
                  The other books follow through the story.

Comment

https://www.fantasticfiction.com/c/jennifer-chiaverini/
                    I love this site, has them all organized for you to print a list out if needed.

Comment

I have read most of them, and enjoyed them all.

Comment

I have read the Elm Creek books which I was able to borrow from our guild. I don't think it mattered much as some were not available in the order they were written.

I have purchased and also enjoyed reading the Colebridge Community series, East Perry Country series, Wine Country by Ann Hazelwood, Mission Quilt series by Ann Cerney and the Quilting Cosy series by Carol Dean Jones. I'm at that point where I could start re-reading them.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                        X