• Show
Clear All

International Sisters Block Tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Bgfk45hOU

Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: International Sisters Block Tutorial

Our very own Preeti has this block on her site. https://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com...ter-block.html

I had seen the video mentioned above and there are a lot of comments as to the availability of the pattern. A little digging and I found Preeti's. Enjoy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Can anyone tell me what that foot is he's using - I gather it's 1/4" but I'm used to the Janome one with the metal guide. I don't trust the guide (could it get bent) or is that just me sewing bad 1/4" seems. I notice Donna Jordan uses a similar foot but is that kind of industrial. I checked my needle was straight - I would really love to get my seams right.

Comment

It's funny how you can look at a quilt, in this case a table runner, and not really see the intended design. It wasn't until I went to Preeti's blog that I saw the ladies!

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
          Our very own Preeti has this block on her site. https://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com...ter-block.html

I had seen the video mentioned above and there are a lot of comments as to the availability of the pattern. A little digging and I found Preeti's. Enjoy.
          Oh Monique, thank you for the shoutout. You are the best
          I watched the entire video.
          He actually messes up the palms
          Preeti
          http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Preeti View Post
            Glad to give you shout-out any time.
            Last edited by Monique; January 30th, 2020, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
              It's funny how you can look at a quilt, in this case a table runner, and not really see the intended design. It wasn't until I went to Preeti's blog that I saw the ladies!
              Oh! haha! I totally missed that! Had to go back to Preeti's blog and re read. I love this!
              sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

I love her. i made one already and have more cut out. palms/hands went wrong way but then, what is the right way? i will do some of each on my blocks.

Comment

Light bulb moment here! I have seen this block a few times, and could never figure out why it was so named. I've always seen them in table runners where they were sideways. This video is the first time I've seen them right-side-up, so now I get it. Preeti's blog put it all together for me. Some of us it just takes a little longer!
                  Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
                  🙄

Comment

I didn't see it either at first glance.

Comment

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...7&action=click
                      this is like the ones i saw first

Comment

Originally posted by sewUK View Post
                        Can anyone tell me what that foot is he's using - I gather it's 1/4" but I'm used to the Janome one with the metal guide. I don't trust the guide (could it get bent) or is that just me sewing bad 1/4" seems. I notice Donna Jordan uses a similar foot but is that kind of industrial. I checked my needle was straight - I would really love to get my seams right.
                        Try the Diagonal Seam Tape. It helps with 1/4" seam but is also super helpful for snowballing.
                        If your 1/4 seam is too wide, try shifting the needle to the right by 3-4 points.
                        If it is too scant move the needle position to the left by 2 points.
                        Preeti
                        http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Try the Diagonal Seam Tape. It helps with 1/4" seam but is also super helpful for snowballing.
                          If your 1/4 seam is too wide, try shifting the needle to the right by 3-4 points.
                          If it is too scant move the needle position to the left by 2 points.
                          Sorry everyone for going "off piste" with this thread but just wanted to thank Preeti for her advice. Not seen that tape so will look out for it. Thanks

Comment

Love this!
                            Yes, he does mess up the hands!!
                            Preeti- yours is fantastic! What a great way to showcase some international fabrics!!!!
                            Happy Quilting!

Comment

Working...
                            X