Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scrap storage

Originally posted by Murphy224 View Post
    and another one from directions from a member of the Quilting Board forum. I call it Rainbow Boxes.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]162458[/ATTACH]
    I love the quilts you've made with scraps.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Have to confess I am definitely not organized when it comes to scraps.
      Anything smaller than a charm square is thrown into a big bin. I have made
      several scrap quilts, hasn't made a dent at all! lol

Comment

Beautiful quilt. Looks like spools of variegated thread.

Comment

Thanks for posting all the pictures nice quilts and storage ideas.

my method was when cutting yardage, pop the off cuts into a bucket, keep the large pieces, fat quarters are put in those zipped packing cubes.
          when the bucket is full, the pieces are sorted into colour, tiny pieces are put into a bag for stuffing, others are left as they were cut put into zip lock freezer bags, then put them all in one large bag, when need a certain colour just find that colour bag.
          my offcuts are not large enough to strip for what might be, they are cut when needed.

Comment

I have a bright orange, wire waste basket under my sewing table and I just toss them in there. No sorting necessary. When I get a buttload of them, I sew them altogether, all willy-nilly and then cut out 6" blocks.

Comment

Thanks everyone. You have given me some good ideas. I think it may be time for me to make some blocks. Pick a pattern, either with strings or smaller pieces, make the blocks and just store the blocks, that way I can get rid of the crumbs. I'm not an applique person, so don't need those teeny tiny pieces. I also have one of Bonnie Hunter's books, so maybe I'll search for a simple one. I am inspired by her quilts, but the tiny pieces scare me. My piecing is not always precise.

Comment

I use the Scrap Therapy method
                I have made several quilts from her books as well
                Happy Quilting!

Comment

Working...
                X