Can't You See the BUTTERFLY BLOOMS IN THIS QUILT??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swedish leo
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2012

Can't You See the BUTTERFLY BLOOMS IN THIS QUILT??

ENTER GIVEAWAY! https://jordanfabrics.com/pages/giveaway-1Pattern is HERE: https://jordanfabrics.com/search?q=butterflyEverything you need to make the same q...

Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.
  • BarbaraB
    Applique Angel
    • Dec 2016

Re: Can't You See the BUTTERFLY BLOOMS IN THIS QUILT??

I purchased this pattern as a pre-made kit a couple of years ago. The fabric included was Basically Patrick in colors very similar to what Donna used. I loved the finished product but had an awful time with the instructions. I guess Donna has way more experience with these patterns, but I was completely left in the dark and won't ever buy one of their patterns again.
    Barbara

Comment

• Cowgirl quilter
      Applique Angel
      • Jan 2016

Barbara, that’s good to know. It shouldn’t be that hard, but I did find it odd that Donna, when making the block, kept saying “we sew this piece to this piece, but first we have to sew these two together “. Kind of felt a bit unorganized somehow, although I followed along just fine.
      sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

• KPH
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2015

I didn't see the butterflies until Donna pointed them out. Then all I could see were the butterflies.
        Katrina
        From NC, retired in FL
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• grammaterry
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2015

I bought that kit a couple of years ago and found it very frustrating. I got it from M* and found it was missing two pieces. All of the pieces came cut out which was a bonus, but when two are missing there is no excess fabric to manufacture the extras. The quilt turned out great and thanks to a good stash and the fact that there are a multitude of colors in the quilt, it worked out okay. But, to be honest, it sort of ruined the thought of buying another kit.
          I too had trouble seeing how you could thing that was butterflies, but...each his own vision
          success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
          Terry of NC

Comment

Working...
          X