Found this fabric... need pattern/block ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found this fabric... need pattern/block ideas

Hi all. I found this fabric and would like to use it in a quilt.... gems and jewelry are my passion....but how? Does Anyone have any ideas for this fabric? Fussy cutting ideas would be okay too. Thanks.
    IMG_2620.JPG

Re: Found this fabric... need pattern/block ideas

That is really cool. What about a Stack and Whack.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Check out this quilt. Your fabric would look great with paper pieced blocks like these!

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sh...highlight=gems
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Wow, I agree that is very cool! I think I would keep the cuts larger so you can see how pretty it is. I'll keep my eye out.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I had a couple saved in my Pinterest. You gotta keep an open mind with these though. lol

Circles

color circles.jpg

Multi colored lattice. I have one on point too.

multi lattice.jpg

in grey

multi with grey.jpg
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

A bowtie might work.

bowtie.jpg
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

I'm wondering what other fabrics you plan to use to coordinate with the focus fabric? You certainly have your choice of colors. I think solids or maybe Grunge or Toscana would blend with that. Many possibilities for a choice of patterns.

Comment

It's such a pretty fabric, I would have difficulty cutting it up. Lots if ideas.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

How about playing up the beauty of the gem facets by using the Kaleidoscope block. If you follow all of Donna's tips in this video, including finger pressing open before you iron, this block goes together very easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiEe-jRpE8g

Here is the pattern. Use white cornerstones instead of dark if you prefer the Round About version

https://jordanfabrics.com/pages/summer-breeze-pattern

Using either light gray or black would pop the gemstone colors as the alternate color in the Kaleidoscope blocks Or maybe the right shade of gold, like the color gold is in jewelry.
                  Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Working...
                  X