Quilting Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilting Forums

Good Morning. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend another quilting forum site? My morning routine consists of going on the MSQC forum, my favorite, and until recently another popular one that recently changed their format. The new format is, in my opinion, awful. Very hard to read with new colors, fonts and such. Are there any out there that you all frequent?
    Thanks
    evy

Re: Quilting Forums

M* is the only forum I'm on and, in my opinion, the best.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

It's definitely the best, no doubt about that part!

Comment

This is the only one I go to, so I'm no help either.
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

No other forums, but lots of facebook pages. They are usually geared towards a particular interest - scrappy quilts (Bonnie Hunter), Budget quilting, vintage machines, specific designers and styles of quilting, etc.
          Donna

Comment

I did belong to another when I first started quilting, but once I found M* this was it for me!
            sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Only M* for me.

Comment

No other quilting forums for me, either. Have you checked to see if there are any settings on the other one you can change to make it easier to read? Some of them have options you can change.
                Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
                🙄

Comment

There are two pages for sewing I follow closely on facebook. One is private and the other you need to live in the Pacific Northwest....want to move?
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Sometimes I go on the quiltingboard.com but it is not nearly as personal, personable? as this one is. I do think this is the best one or at any rate this forum is certainly well organized, easy to search and to post on. I am on a FB group called Celebrate Hand Quilting which I like because I can relate to all the questions ppl ask there, but it really runs in streaks and everybody (except me lol) seems to hop on the bandwagon and make the same thing, then race to finish to see who can post the first pics. Full of hard core sewers that do nothing but sew, sew, sew. A few months ago the big rage was everyone was making the Lorraine Mooney block, and right now it seems everyone is into the Frolic, the current Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt. I know there's tons of blogs out there that you can find thru Pinterest, but not too sure how many Forums there are or how you would find them. Let us know if your research leads you to something we don't know about!!

Comment

All the others I know about have shut down. Shame too, since several were quite friendly and comfortable.
                      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Hi
                        do not really go on other sewing forums, so not really much help there.
                        have you checked out the groups section here?

Comment

there really aren't too many big forums, I'm sad to say. I may be off the one you mentioned soon. I guess I will be in here more often and some delphi ones but they aren't busy either.

Comment

I'll ditto the personable feeling of this forum. I was on some on believe it or not Ebay. For awhile many years ago there were some private groups that talked about and made custom clothing for children. It was set up as a main group and branched into several with different names. There were 'launches' and competitions etc. We helped each other with photos and HTML to make our listings look professional. It all disbanded when Etsy came along. I have some pics in my albums.
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

QATW~Quilting Around the World. I love that forum and check in every day. Lots of quilt alongs and swaps. Love M*, too, but kind of lurk and watch what is happening. Miss some/many of the members whom I haven't seen post in long time.
                              edit: I have been on QATW for several years. My experience has been wonderful. Lots of help/encouragement from other members and many fun swaps. I have learned a lot from the other members.
                              I am not putting M* forum down. I have actually learned a lot here and do enjoy the threads and posts from all of you who have been here for a long time. I know you all have become great friends and share a love of quilting/sewing/crafting and you share your knowledge freely.
                              Last edited by cv quilter; January 15th, 2020, 04:18 PM.
                              A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Working...
                              X