quilter review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quilter review

I do like the Stripology ruler and have considered the new XL but the price has held me back. Any one use this new ruler and is it Worth the extra $$ Does it truly cover fabric "off the bolt"

Thanks for your honest input

Re: quilter review

I don't have the XL but have the Stripology ruler. My biggest complaint about it was that it wasn't high enough to cover double folded fabric off the bolt. The new one does seem like it has all the great features. Price Is steep. Perhaps wait for a sale somewhere or a place where you can utilize a coupon. I will be on the lookout for it.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Comment

I have a June Taylor version [actually have two sizes] and use it almost daily. I certainly use it every time I cut out a quilt. I prefer the larger one but the smaller one travels well.

Comment

I think it would be worth the extra $$. I got the first one from MM as a Christmas gift when they first came out, and my main complaint has been that it was not 'tall' enough. This one looks to be perfection.

I just watched the youtube video, and it was impressive.
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Wish one of the shops I frequent would have the XL so I could see if it truly works with fabric "off the bolt"

Comment

I would love the new one because it’s taller. I still love my original one.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Interesting. I just saw this quote on quilt in a day's website regarding the pricing. *The sale price and retail price are the same due to the manufacturer's regulated pricing.
              Last edited by KarenC; January 14th, 2020, 07:05 PM.

Comment

There's a CG video on You Tube that shows her using all the features of the XL. I have the Stripology Mini (since most of my blocks are 6 inches or less) but if you are buying a Stripology for the first time I don't think you can go wrong with the XL. It costs a lot but seems really useful. I have many specialty rulers that are made for one thing only and they do not get used that much. This one truly looks multi functional. With the Mini I just cut strips mainly but I know it does other things like squaring up, I just have been too lazy to use it for that since I have other CG rulers I square up with. You know, I keep telling myself I will look that up next time.

Comment

I couldn't stand it.....

There is a gal selling them on Ebay for $49....it gets here next week. She should have nine left at that price.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                    I couldn't stand it.....

There is a gal selling them on Ebay for $49....it gets here next week. She should have nine left at that price.
                    Too funny! Let us know when you get it.

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                      I couldn't stand it.....

I found one at that price ... BUT ... it's QuiltCut Strip Savvy XL Slotted Quilting Ruler, QCGE1XL (24" x 17") not the Stripology XL. Looks a bit different but should work the same.

If you did get the Quilt Cut I'd be interested in seeing your review after you've used it.

Comment

Originally posted by Judy, USMC View Post
                        I found one at that price ... BUT ... it's QuiltCut Strip Savvy XL Slotted Quilting Ruler, QCGE1XL (24" x 17") not the Stripology XL. Looks a bit different but should work the same.

If you did get the Quilt Cut I'd be interested in seeing your review after you've used it.
                        Shoot! You are absolutely correct! That is the one I got. I will let you know how this goes!

I just went to their webpage, and it seems I have some of there other products. I will say, what I have is of the highest quality!!
                        Last edited by bubba; January 15th, 2020, 10:25 PM.
                        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Judy, USMC View Post

The Ebay seller is actually the Quilt Cut owner. I contacted him and found out the inventory is held at Amazon and EBay purchases are drop shipped from there. Since I have prime I ordered Friday am and it was delivered Sunday.

It's just slightly less rigid than the Stripology but still sturdy AND it gives me a clean length cut all the way. No more moving the ruler and then going back to cut a couple of threads to make sure the strips are separated. I like it.

New problem is what to do with the old shorter one .....

Comment

Working...
                          X