Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I came across this video ON YouTube....and it's about MSQC.....Enjoy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came across this video ON YouTube....and it's about MSQC.....Enjoy!

Hi,
    Since 2011, I've been member of MSQC's forum. For a few weeks after I joined the forum, I was a lurker. I had been sewing since late 1978, when my DH Terry purchased a sewing machine for my 24th B-day. When I unwrapped the box and seen this Kenmore(Sears) Sewing Machine just like the one Terry's mom just purchased for her own July B-day, I actually thought Terry had lost his mind! I asked him "Why would you buy me a sewing machine, you do know I can't sew right?" He smiled and said "Wouldn't you like to learn though?" Well, he had me there, but I'd never took an interest, my mom didn't sew, and her mom didn't either,but my paternal GMA did....so I said, "Sure, why not?" Terry then smiled and told me that he had told his mom about the purchase and he was positive she'd love teaching me to sew, and he was right......Since then, I've made almost everything my daughter wore, most of my own clothing, etc. Oh, and BTW....she taught me to sew over the phone because at the time, Terry was in college in Illinois and our families lived in Michigan!

When I saw this video about MSQC.....I thought that a lot of you might like seeing it,(or probably already have) and of course some of the NEW forum members might like watching this.

https://youtu.be/rZu8xfTU2Uk

Jenny, Ron and her family reminds me of my own family and how we grew up. We basically were given the same attitude about things, we grew up believing that we could do anything.....absolutely anything!!! This past 18 months hasn't been easy for me, and there were times when I would say "I can't....I just can't." and suddenly I would hear my dad or my mom saying "Sugar, yes you can, you can do anything if you try!" My dad and mom both said that many times over the years, no matter what health crisis I had, or when my dear husband Terry was diagnosed with seizures that were hard to control, just prior to our daughter being born in 1978!

So, enjoy this video....it brought back wonderful memories of my childhood. I hope it bring all of you that watch it a smile and maybe just a few memories of your own!
    Last edited by redcaboose1717; January 12th, 2020, 05:31 AM.
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Re: I came across this video ON YouTube....and it's about MSQC.....Enjoy!

WOW - what a great video....Thanks for sharing Sugar.

Comment

Beautiful story. I had seen before, but it's great to see it again. And it's all wonderful and true.

I visited Hamilton, MO in July of 2018. I was travelling alone for another purpose to KS, but took a day to spend time there. I can tell you I did not feel alone. The quilters I met all had wonderful stories to share, I felt welcomed. Jenny, the Doan family and all the employees are the best in customer service. There was kindness and hospitality. A couple anonymously paid for my meal at the café. So this reminds me to pay it forward.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

What a heartfelt story. Brought back memories for me. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

How interesting! Thank you for sharing it.

Jeannette

Comment

Reminds me of my Dad. Two of his favorite sayings were "Can't never could" or "I don't buy can't". LOL when my oldest was young and wanted Granddaddy to stop what he was doing and take him somewhere - Dad made the mistake of saying "I can't right now" My son (about 5 at the time) said "I don't buy can't, Granddaddy". He stopped what he was doing and complied with the request. later, when telling me the story he laughed and said "He got me with that one!"
            Donna

Comment

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
              Reminds me of my Dad. Two of his favorite sayings were "Can't never could" or "I don't buy can't". LOL when my oldest was young and wanted Granddaddy to stop what he was doing and take him somewhere - Dad made the mistake of saying "I can't right now" My son (about 5 at the time) said "I don't buy can't, Granddaddy". He stopped what he was doing and complied with the request. later, when telling me the story he laughed and said "He got me with that one!"
              What a great story Donna.....Just goes to show you that kids listen a lot more than we sometimes "think" they do!!!. Thanks for sharing!
              Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
              http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Working...
              X