Just curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious

I noticed the e-gift cards yesterday as a daily special and again today. Do you purchase these when they are on special to use later? I got two yesterday, and am contemplating whether I should get more. Last year my two lasted a whole year because I was on a fabric diet.

Re: Just curious

I try my best to get as many as I can afford. $40 for $50 is like getting a 20% discount. And when you use it during a sale it's like a double discount. Or you can look at it as 10 orders shipped at only $4 each.

Since I try to go to the Birthday Bash every year I hit the deals I want (like the $1.00 FQ's and Daily Deals) and don't have to pay shipping since I take them home with me. Personally, it's worth it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Judy, USMC View Post
      I try my best to get as many as I can afford. $40 for $50 is like getting a 20% discount. And when you use it during a sale it's like a double discount. Or you can look at it as 10 orders shipped at only $4 each.

Since I try to go to the Birthday Bash every year I hit the deals I want (like the $1.00 FQ's and Daily Deals) and don't have to pay shipping since I take them home with me. Personally, it's worth it for me.
      I will never forget being in the Penney's store when you were shopping during the first retreat I attended. You whipped out a long list of numbers and it was all your gift cards!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I purchased a couple last year, to offset the price of their quilting services. I ended up not finishing a quilt of my own, and after a several months used them to purchase fabric, etc. They are a good deal. I just wish we could load them to our accounts instead of having to keep the emails / information until we make a purchase. Don't know if M* changed this?

Comment

Originally posted by JulieC View Post
          I purchased a couple last year, to offset the price of their quilting services. I ended up not finishing a quilt of my own, and after a several months used them to purchase fabric, etc. They are a good deal. I just wish we could load them to our accounts instead of having to keep the emails / information until we make a purchase. Don't know if M* changed this?
          If you go to your Order page under My Account, the numbers are always listed there. I just copy and paste from there when I buy.
          K is for Karen 😊​..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

I have 2 in my cart right now, but when I tried to add a third, the price was $50 for that one. Is there a limit? I didn't see one, but I could have missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nwmnteacher View Post
              I have 2 in my cart right now, but when I tried to add a third, the price was $50 for that one. Is there a limit? I didn't see one, but I could have missed it.
              Yes, the limit is two per day.

Comment

I picked up two cards last year and it was a special treat to be able to buy something special and it's already paid for at a reduced rate. This year I again picked up two cards and if they are still available come payday, then I may get another one or two. Happy shopping!!
                Theda :icon_wave:

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
                "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

Comment

I try to get the gift cards when they are on sale.

Comment

Yes. I have saved them to use toward machine quilting.

Comment

After I paid for the 2 cards in my cart, I added another one to a new cart, and it worked! I now have the 3 I wanted.

Comment

Working...
                      X