Clear All

Make a "Turn Style" Quilt with Jenny Doan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=139ULkrQCvo

Enjoy !

Have a great christmas and a new year !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Make a "Turn Style" Quilt with Jenny Doan

I loved the look of this one. Then she started cutting and turning and now I'm not so sure! Is that horrible! I have some blue and purple batiks and black background. I think it would be really pretty.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Well, I am wondering how this one would look as a 2 color quilt. I will have to start collecting some reds-always thought I would like to try a red/white quilt.
      One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

Originally posted by Trudy A View Post
        Well, I am wondering how this one would look as a 2 color quilt. I will have to start collecting some reds-always thought I would like to try a red/white quilt.
        I think this would look great in two colors. That way the pinwheels would make sense to my brain.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Really like this one too - and yes, it would look great as a two color quilt.

My only "modification" would be to add the extra sashing pieces to both ends of the rows and the top or bottom of the blocks in the first and last rows - I hate working with long pieces of sashing.
          Donna

Comment

I like this one. I think it would look good as a two colour quilt also. Dang, now I've just added another to my wish list.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I like this one, added to the long list....

Comment

I don't like it! Hope it is ok to say so. Idk if it's the fabric or the pattern but it looks way too busy to me. Maybe she should have used more solids.

Comment

I think the block design is lost in the busy-ness. But I think it might look nice as a two color quilt.
                  Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                  I don't like it! Hope it is ok to say so. Idk if it's the fabric or the pattern but it looks way too busy to me. Maybe she should have used more solids.
                  *~* Myrna *~*
                  *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Hi from New Zealand

Currently making this quilt using two colours and I love how it's looking.... BUT... and it's a HUGE but... I'm NOT loving how the entire block is bias! So far I've made 8 blocks... and have all my yardage cut into 10" squares... but I'm just not loving the bias thing at all.

So I've got a few choices:
                    1. Persevere and make the whole quilt... not really an option because it's already not working with my brain.
                    2. Stop at 8 blocks... turn them into a table runner and make something else from the 10" squares I've cut... don't mind this option since NZ is in lockdown with the whole Covid thing so it's not like I've got anywhere else to be... which is working for me right now
                    3. Find a way to make these blocks without the bias?? Is that even possible??
                    Help and/or suggestions would be gratefully appreciated

Comment

Working...
                    X