Idea If you make items to sell at craft shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea If you make items to sell at craft shows

Probably everyone is so busy no one will see this post. But as I finish up my wrapping it suddenly hit me! I have some gift cards and money to give and no envelops except the plain freebies from the bank which I am always worried that ppl will throw out by accident. Fabric gift card holders!!! Why doesn't anybody make those? I could use about ten right now myself. So just a thought for next year when you are deciding what to make.

Re: Idea If you make items to sell at craft shows

That is a good idea.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I know there are patterns out there to sew them and probably some in the hoop designs to make them on an embroidery machine too.

A coupe years ago I made some little wallet/card type holders for retreat favors that would make great gift card holders that people couple use as a quick carry wallet for your DL and credit card when you didn't want to carry a purse.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Karen, I still use that holder every day! Love it.

Comment

Here is a quick one to stitch...if you have time. I do like your idea though for next year.

https://sew4home.com/projects/storag...iz-card-holder

Comment

If you have some fairly stiff wrapping paper or scrap book paper, check out Posh Paper Lady on YouTube. I made ones from the wrapping paper I used this year. They're definitely a once and done!

Have to laugh though. A guy was on the phone at Target with a hand full of gift cards. He didn't know what to do, they didn't come with envelopes and he was calling to find out what to get or do next. "But Dear, they don't have envelopes. I've looked everywhere for the envelopes." pause, "There aren't any boxes here, what do you want me to do?"
            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

I use folded fabric coasters -- the ones made from charm packs...they take six to make. Quick and easy! My sister liked the idea so much, she started giving them to me!

It's a little easier to put gift cards in the one made on the diagonal. I use fusible fleece in mine (not shown in the video below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2RZ9Lwom40
              Last edited by JulieC; December 21st, 2019, 05:24 PM.

Comment

I was going to make some, but I receive so many xmas cards from various charities that we use those to give gifts cards and money at xmas.

I do have a few that were given to me, and I've kept as a pattern/ craft item to sell one day. I'm certain you will be able to figure out a creative way to give.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I have made many of them! I can't remember the name of the pattern, but one year, even MM helped sew some up!
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Here is another cute one that I have made.
                    https://www.craftystaci.com/blog/cur...ft-card-holder
                    Debbie

Comment

IMG_20191222_090551_hdr.jpgLizzy Curtis has an adorable quick 2 seam snap pouch i made about 15 of this year... also many GC holder ideas on YOUTUBE! GB
                      Last edited by GrammaBabs; December 22nd, 2019, 07:11 AM. Reason: Picture
                      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Thank you all for the great ideas! Will be making some of these today - thank you!

Comment

I was looking for a last minute stocking stuffer for my sweetie and found a magnetic bracelet. It is made kind of like a sock top you use for washing windows. It is handy for any handyman who needs a place to put screws as they are removed. I will try to find the pattern again so I can post it.
                          Well of course I can't find it right now but this will give you the idea. Should be pretty easy to figure out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PCN36C4/?tag=dodoburd-20
                          Last edited by LauraP; December 22nd, 2019, 07:11 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X