Packing Slip Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packing Slip Problems

To Ktdid: You are so tired of people complaining about no packing slips. Well, I am one of the complainers. Since this does not affect you and you like playing on the computer printing out orders, etc. It's just too bad that we complainers annoy you. You are so rude. The last three orders that I placed, there were pieces missing from the order. Thank goodness I had to check my order to make sure, but I really don't like going on the computer doing office-type work. You should not chastise people. Our complaints are justified.

Re: Packing Slip Problems

Thank you!, maybe you should tell Al how awful MSQ is, since they are the ones who implemented the policy. They're the ones who said use the email they sent to save a copy of your orders.
    When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

They don't appear to be listening....
      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

It's not only this company without packing slips. Many have stopped using them./ I for one, prefer having them, helps me keep track of my fabric orders, etc. I do not put tons of apps on my phone and can't afford ink for my printer too often. so slips are great when we can get them.

Comment

I can't afford the printer. And by the length of time it takes my orders to get out the door, I can't see AT ALL where the lack of a packing slip sped anything up; which WAS the reason they stated.
          TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

When an order comes in, I wonder if they work from an ipad or other hand-held electronic to complete the requested items. There should be some check and balance with orders. Yes, mistakes can happen. In all my years with MSQC, I have been very pleased and only once was there a small miss. One feature which disappeared quite a long time ago was the ability to print out a summary of all of your orders (spreadsheet style). I loved it because it helped me keep track of my inventory (so to speak or call it a stash). I wish that capability would come back. I do keep my packing slips, but I also prepare a listing of my templates and any other items which may not be fabric. I wish that feature would be back! MSQC is not the only company who has done away with packing slips. Happy Holidays, All!
            “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
            “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

I don't mind not having a packing slip. I keep the shipped email and list of what I ordered in my emails. That's easy enough for me to get to since I open my packages right beside the computer anyway. Once I've checked them in, I delete the emails that dealt with that shipment.

Change is hard to accept, but it is inevitable in any growing business.
              Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
              ― Maya Angelou

Comment

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't care if I don't get a paper invoice. I have basically done away with all things that require an invoice, or statements.

To help me "remember" I put all the info in my phone in the "notes" notebook. In there, I have the dates when I have made my payments, Sale items I have purchased etc.(this is because I shop for Christmas gifts all yr. long. At the end of the year (around 12/27-12/29) I decide how much I am going to spend on the members of our family and friends I have for the NEXT YEAR.

I then divide the number by 11 months, and have that amount transferred into a savings account that I have another debit card attached to.
                I then ask the people I purchase Christmas gifts/Birthday gifts to jot down things they want but wouldn't buy for themselves, and I also ask them to number the items they put on the list (which is a index card I have given them) as to the items they want importance.
                Then when I see something that I know someone likes or wants, I purchase it, and take it home, wrap it, and put a white tag (the size of a name tag) who the gift is for, and what is in the box. When Christmas rolls around, all I then have to do is to take a black magic marker, draw thru the info on the tag. I then put a new gift tag overtop the white tag, and place a bow on the package! There! I'm finished with Christmas Shopping for the most part! (although I wait until the Christmas season NEW TOYS, etc. to come out and if I have a young grandkid or someone else that I didn't buy for, I'll shop the new items.
                Like right now(?) I'm just waiting for Christmas Eve to put the packages under my small tree. I'm then completely finished.

************************************************** ***********************************************
                I do understand how some people REALLY like getting invoices, and if is important to you, maybe MSQC might be able to accommodate you perhaps.
                Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I agree. If I order several pieces of fabric I expect a packing list. I shouldn't have to go to my computer to try to reconcile an order.
                  Also not everyone has a printer to print off these lists.
                  When a company I order from doesn't include a list (and most do), it makes me think they are lazy and cheap and value their time more than mine.
                  "Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy" -- Eskimo Proverb

Comment

As I "evolve" I find the thought of "no packing slips" a responsible measure. If the packing slip is in an envelope on the outside, I'm not going to the trouble to remove it. When it's loose inside the box I glance at it then... into the recycle bin. I know what should be inside most packages. If I'm unsure I keep and check the e-mail correspondence to reconcile my order.

Years ago I feared a paperless society, which would inevitably happen. Now I actually appreciate that it's so much easier to access stuff without the paper. Just look around at all the unnecessary paper work we accumulate. Bills, bank statements, advertising, newspapers, etc. It's really an incredible volume of "trash." I'd much rather see more lumber production than paper from all these trees we grow. Recycled you say? Not an economical solution! The recycle program in our city is costing us millions, and losing money every day. It just makes the folks feel good when they stuff crap in the blue bin.
                    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

I see people are STILL gripping about packing slips, you can't think on your own to find a solution? If your driving on a road, and one day it closes, then you have to figure out a way to still get to you destination don't you? Why is it so hard to do the next best thing to solve your problem? You can't write it down on a piece of paper, & stick it with the order, or even write on the salvage the amount, where, & when you bought it? How about getting a note book for writing down your orders? Your acting like you don't have enough smarts to find your own solutions. Amyquilts said they're cheap & lazy, why didn't you send your comments directly to Allan? You people seem to think everything has to be what YOU want, and you're NOT about to change or adapt.
                      When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
                      Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

And WHY do other peoples' problems concern you so much you feel you need to tell them how to feel about it?

Comment

I've gone paperless ... but then I have an account. Easy to go to my account and click on Orders. It lists orders with the most recent first - even if it's still In Progress. When I click on View/Modify a specific order it shows me ALL the info I need: each item ordered; each item's cost; shipping cost; the method of payment plus the quilter's cash earned and/or used. It gives me the status of the order and, if it was shipped, not only the method but the address it was shipped to plus the tracking number. And if there is a missing item I can click on it and it gives me the manufacturer's and MSQC SKU so if I have to contact Customer Service I can give them that information too.

So I already have an immediate invoice. No need to print or save an email since the info is already shown in my Account. If I have a particular use or pattern in mind I put it on a post-it when I order with the order number. When the package arrives I just put the post-it with the fabric or pattern.

So for my purpose the printed copy is redundant. And, like Oldmanquilts, I'd just toss it if I got one. Hopefully this method will work for someone.

Comment

ktdid, I have emailed MSQC. There was a postcard in a recent order asking for comments on this issue of packing slips. I received a "canned response" in return telling me where to find the order info. I again sent an email to which I have not received a reply.

It's been said that this measure will help get orders out faster. Well, a recent order consisting of only printed patterns took 3 days to ship and another 6 days to get to me. Nine days total.

An order from another fabric shop that included 8 cuts of fabric took a total of 6 days to get to me and that order required more "work" on the part of the shop before it could ship. (and, yes this shop included a packing list) So I don't feel that MSQC is shipping any faster by excluding packing lists.

As a customer I don't feel it's my job to "start a notebook" or write things down. If I take the time to choose to order from you, and my order includes various cuts of fabrics, I expect a packing slip so I can reconcile my order quickly. I keep the slip with the order so I know where it came from if I need to reorder. If I have to take extra steps to find my order online, it tells me that MSQC values their time above mine.

Time to agree to disagree.
                            "Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy" -- Eskimo Proverb

Comment

Working...
                            X