X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sad Commentary

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    I generally don't display an outpouring of empathy for a person who has passed away when I'm unaware they have passed away.

Personally I don't understand why a person who was aware of her death would use that knowledge as a way to attempt to shame a whole forum of people in such a sarcastic way who have tried to comfort members here who have lost their beloved pets.

It's such a sad commentary on you and how you view your world and those around you.
    That's about what I would of said, just adding I didn't know who it was either.

I'm just wondering why the need to wake up and get mad at a bunch of people you don't know.
    sigpic

Lorie

Comment

Ktdid, if you had started your post by letting all know who Kaye Wood was and telling of her passing, I'm sure there would've been sympathy expressed by forum members. However, it appears you chose instead to wait 5 months after the fact and lash out. I hope you see now that you incorrectly judged people who had never even heard of Kaye Wood.

This forum is a group of good, caring people who post what they choose to share or want/need to discuss. I knew when Kaye Wood died, but I chose not to post it in the forum (I guess that puts me in the bad category). This group may not meet your expectations...if not, you have choices too. I hope the rest of your day goes well.
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I have to admit I never heard of her. Everyone has different likes of what they like. One cannot watch every single quilting/sewing video out there. But I do need to say when I lost my Jim last year the out pour of support I received from this form was overwhelming and warmed my heart that all these strangers could be so supportive. I will not forget.

Comment

Personally, I guess I'm showing my ignorance, but I'd never heard of her. I am sorry for any family that loses a loved one. It's a hard thing to cope with, but it seems a little unrealistic to expect everyone here to know every quilty person out in the 'real' world.
          Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Dear Forum responders, I'm sorry your not as gracious as Suzanne, dwil23, nativetexan, & GrannyJudy. For those who didn't know who she was, you could have at least been sorry someone passed away. Someone once aske me a question in a grocery store about where the paper towels were, adding he was shopping now because his wife had passed away, he was a total stranger but I offered my sympathy and any help he might need. And Carlie, you've had a hate on me since day one, I forgive you. Your the reason I won't post pictures of my quilts, I don't need to know how awful and ugly you think they probably are. Because that's how you think of me anyway. Kathryn
            Last edited by ktdid; December 1st, 2019, 05:39 PM.
            When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
            Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I think the mod should close this post now.

Comment

Ktdid, I'm so sorry for your loss. I never heard of Kaye Wood, so her passing away was a surprise to me. I know though that losing someone you respect and care about is painful so I hope you find comfort in her memory.

Comment

Originally posted by ktdid View Post
                  Dear Forum responders, I'm sorry your not as gracious as Suzanne, dwil23, nativetexan, & GrannyJudy. For those who didn't know who she was, you could have at least been sorry someone passed away. Someone once aske me a question in a grocery store about where the paper towels were, adding he was shopping now because his wife had passed away, he was a total stranger but I offered my sympathy and any help he might need. And Carlie, you've had a hate on me since day one, I forgive you. Your the reason I won't post pictures of my quilts, I don't need to know how awful and ugly you think they probably are. Because that's how you think of me anyway. Kathryn
                  I guess most people thought you slapped them in the face first and asked a question after. Calling people out isn't helping any either.
                  sigpic

Lorie

Comment

We do not need to add to this. Biting online does no good. saying things to one's face does. try that. please.
                    Happy Holidays to all.

Comment

I don't hate you ktdid, not even from the first. I'd love to see and hear positive things from you. I don't think I've ever seen a negative post regarding peoples quilts or methods here ever. Not from myself or anyone else. I think it would be very nice if you posted about and showed your creativity here. That's what this forum is all about. :-)

Women are Angels.
                      When someone
                      break's our wings
                      we will continue to
                      fly...usually on a
                      broomstick.
                      We're flexible like that.
                      - embroitique

Comment

Originally posted by ktdid View Post
                        I guess no one here on the forum liked Kaye Wood. Not one single word of sympathy or kindness has been mentioned, at least as far I could find.

She passed away last July, I do not understand this lack of empathy, I read all about poor little pookey dying, and all the outpouring of sympathy for a pet! That's a sad commentary of this forum. I enjoyed her videos, have many of her patterns. Her co. was bought and is still under the name Kayewood.com

I think you are being trolled. I looked back at ktdid's posts. After joining the Forum on Dec. 15, 2018, there have been 97 posts. ktdid offered sympathies to no one. Unless I'm reading these older posts incorrectly, no one offered welcoming comments to her introductory post either. I really don't know what to think, except trolling.

Per Wiki: In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.
                        Last edited by Grey Lady; December 1st, 2019, 07:38 PM.
                        Diana Grey

Comment

2 words..."NO JUDGING"
                          "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                          that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Working...
                          X