• Show
Clear All

Make a "Quilt As You Go Hexagon" Quilt with Jenny Doan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCWFH94kvwg

Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Make a "Quilt As You Go Hexagon" Quilt with Jenny Doan

I have downloaded the video for watching later and having it at hand.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I'm tempted, but not. I have a hexie quilt after all, but seeing the other things they pulled together. It would be great to have for a Secret Santa project or two.

Hmmmmmmm.
      Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
      ― Maya Angelou

Comment

It looks fun to me. I am not a big fan of handwork but will be on a trip next year that will have lots of down time and some hand work might be nice to have.
        I like that the quilt is done when you are through sewing together the blocks.

Comment

I've got it in my shopping cart. I've been wanting to do a Hexies, but not a fan of small pieces. I like this option, and I can bring with me to do while DH has appts.

I have added the Clover fabric folding pen, as I would be able to press without an iron. I can see other uses for it. Besides, I'm a gadget girl and I have to have it.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good idea about the folding pen, I won't have access to an iron. I already have one of those and haven't used it in a coons age.

Comment

That is cute. I made a quilt like this years ago without the lovely templates of course. I folded the backing over like they did and pinned and then stitched with a blanket stitch. then later on this quilt i hand stitched them all together. If i did it now, i would think of doing a zig zag. i am thinking of that method because i have a small basket of these already cut out! may be my last one.
              folded over like this was called individual hexagons or Hickory Nut (for some reason) or framed hex's.

Comment

And the template as the daily deal is a plus.

Comment

I caved, and bought a bunch of solid black I'm going to need for another project. I hope I remember what it was by the time it gets here!
                  Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                  ― Maya Angelou

Comment

A hexie quilt has been on my list for a long time . I also like the idea of being able to work with larger pieces of fabric and after reading this post I had to have it and the folding pen. ( you enablers!!) This will be nice to work on while sitting on the couch watching tv.

Comment

I made my own template yesterday. I already have the 5" half hexie and added 1/2" all around and I used a plastic cutting mat for my template, worked well.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I always said the smallest Hexie I would consider doing would be using a 5” square. I made a quilt using the half hexie ruler and loved the look. Now this one has me intrigued, so I bought the ruler. It actually looks like fun to put together. I loved all the different ways Jenny, Misty and Natalie changed it up to make different items and changed the look completely. I’m all in with machine quilting it, not so much with hand stitching it, but either way looks like it will be a cool looking quilt.

Comment

I bought the ruler too, although it will probably sit on the shelf awhile. Might be a good way
                          to use up my Christmas stash.

Comment

I'm kicking myself for not ordering the template when it was a daily deal. I was so busy on Black Friday, I even forgot to watch the weekly tutorial! It's too cool to pass up, so I ordered one anyway.

You what's getting harder to find? The Magic Pins used in the tutorial. They're sold out on M* and most other places unless you want to pay a premium. It's the Jenny Effect!

Looking forward to getting the supplies. There's so many possibilities, and best of all, no glue basting a large quilt! And it uses up batting scraps! Absolutely genius.

Comment

Hey, I hope this link works because I found the pen on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Clover-4053-Fabric-Folding-Pen/dp/B000XZU80Y/ref=sr_1_4?crid=328U72WJZEXF&keywords=clover+foldi ng+fabric+pen&qid=1575330973&sprefix=clover+foldin g+%2Caps%2C153&sr=8-4
                              Theda :icon_wave:

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
                              "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

Comment

Working...
                              X