Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metallic Fabrics for bowl cozies?! Craft Fair Item Suggestions, please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metallic Fabrics for bowl cozies?! Craft Fair Item Suggestions, please...

It's obvious, right? I shouldn't use fabric that has a metallic print for bowl cozies?

[but they're so pretty!!]
    https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...quarter-bundle

Okay, so if you had this fat quarter bundle, what would you make? TIA!

Re: Metallic Fabrics for bowl cozies?! Craft Fair Item Suggestions, please...

It should be obvious to people to not put that cozie in the microwave but Darwin’s Law will prevail so I vote no. Make the Christmas present quilt that Jenny made.

Comment

The Christmas Present quilt is so lovely. However, I have been invited to participate in a holiday craft fair (my first!), so I will need to use the fabric to make items to sell.

[I hope my tongue-in-cheek tone is obvious about using the fabric for cozies. ]

Comment

Maybe table runners, mug rugs or placemats....

I love this pattern. It is very easy but looks complicated. At least to me.
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GRNsWsrAQVQ

Comment

You could always make this:

file:///media/fuse/drivefs-5a6b8850d0b685710c2200a25a501689/root/Smittens_Web_Bonus.pdf

I made one and used gold metallic thread for the applique.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Not so long ago, a forum member posted a pic of a cozy she made with batting that wasn't supposed to go into the microwave. She was very lucky. I would think it would happen with metallic threads and you could lose more than your cozy! Please make something else lovely with it.
            “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
            “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

There might be enough to make a Christmas Tree blanket for under the tree (that's if it's Christmas metallics). You could also do holiday potholders if the fabric is Christmas. Man Sewing had nice circular ones that were easy and quite thick . It's also on utube.
              https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
              Women are Angels.
              When someone
              break's our wings
              we will continue to
              fly...usually on a
              broomstick.
              We're flexible like that.
              - embroitique

Comment

That fabric can be used for the cozies, just don't put them into the microwave! I never put mine, which are not made of metallic fabrics, into the microwave as I don't want them getting messy if what's in the bowl might boil over. I simply place the bowl in them after it's done heating up...it works fine for us.
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
                  You could always make this:

file:///media/fuse/drivefs-5a6b8850d0b685710c2200a25a501689/root/Smittens_Web_Bonus.pdf
                  I think something happened with the link. I'm interested. Would you mind checking it?

Comment

My favorite FQ pattern is "Roaring Waves" from All people quilt... a freebie... i'm pretty sure that pack has enough to do it...
                    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

If you are looking for ideas to use this fabric specifically for items to sell at your craft fair, maybe kitchen towel toppers, hot pads, place mats or runners would be a good use of it, and items that generally do well at craft fairs...IMO. You could also make little Christmas clutch bags or zipper pouches. Small fabric items, do tend to sell better than larger items, like quilts. People are basically looking for a bargain and don't want to pay the true value of a quilt.
                      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
                        If you are looking for ideas to use this fabric specifically for items to sell at your craft fair, maybe kitchen towel toppers, hot pads, place mats or runners would be a good use of it, and items that generally do well at craft fairs...IMO. You could also make little Christmas clutch bags or zipper pouches. Small fabric items, do tend to sell better than larger items, like quilts. People are basically looking for a bargain and don't want to pay the true value of a quilt.
                        THANK YOU! These are all great.

As far as pot holders/hot pads, do you use a specific batting? I have a ton of 80/20, and I wonder if I could use that, since they won't be going in the microwave.

Comment

Some people will put anything in the microwave. I made hot pads for a friend of mine and I told her to not put it in the microwave.
                          Insulbright should never go in the microwave. My friend forgot to tell her husband and he put his dish on top of the hot pad and microwaved it. Luckily the oven did not catch on fire. One of my sons put an Arby's sandwich in the microwave without unwrapping it. He did not think about why the outside was shiny. We had to buy a new microwave. Totally destroyed it. At least he didn't open the m. oven while it was on fire. I have noticed Arbys does not use those wrappers anymore.
                          Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by Thayer Abaigael View Post
                            THANK YOU! These are all great.

As far as pot holders/hot pads, do you use a specific batting? I have a ton of 80/20, and I wonder if I could use that, since they won't be going in the microwave.
                            Insulbrite is the batting you use for pot holders. I use 1 layer of insulbrite and 2 layers of cotton or 80/20 batting. (a layer on either side of the insulbrite.
                            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X