Opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions please

My oldest granddaughter has asked me for a new quilt for her bed and she has chosen the zig-zag model, I have three fabrics from Jenny Beyer´s Burano collection and I need another one but I don´t decide on the color maybe green or purple or maybe a light blue, so here is a photo of my fabrics and thanks youBurano- Jenny Beyer.jpg

Re: Opinions please

I would favor the light blue or another green. Your colors are beautiful.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

Comment

I think a dark green since you have two blues, then you would have 2 of each color. If you use purple I would choose two shades but then not use green at all. That is going to be such a pretty quilt.

Comment

I'm just trying this to see if the colors work

Burano- Jenny Beyer.jpgfabric.jpg
        "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

I'd use a deep purple or pink. I just made a bag with similar colors and they go well together.
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

It's going to be beautiful!
            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Hulamoon that is one of the colors I have been looking at but I am worried that the quilt is a bit dark, but thanks for looking for the fabric and bubba for your information

Comment

How about a Coral color.... probably muted or light for a contrast... or possibly a sand color.. depends on whether you want "more color" or to keep it the 2 colors with a neutral
                https://www.allpeoplequilt.com/quilt.../roaring-waves
                Last edited by GrammaBabs; November 7, 2019, 04:40 PM.
                "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I love deep, rich colors like the three you have. If this quilt is for a child, then I agree with GrammaBabs that adding a neutral tone would be good. If, however, your granddaughter is a teenager (or older), then you could stick with the jewel tones as you choose a fourth color.
                  Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I think you might need a lighter colour to show off the zig zag pattern. What about a gray shade with blue green undertones?

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Honey, purple goes with anything. (sorry about the Honey).

Comment

ah! sorry for the Honey. i should have just deleted it. my son got after me. I'm old and things i've done all my life come out when i'm in a good mood. so hopefully it won't happen again.

Comment

Working...
                        X