Temperature/weather quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature/weather quilt

After watching all the weird temperature/weather swings this year, I'm tempted to do a temperature quilt. I was thinking of combining high/low temps into each block and maybe making the type of block dependent on the most interesting local weather phenomenon, e.g. snowball block for snow, flying geese for high winds, etc.

Anyone interested in making it a 2020 quiltalong, or are temperature quilts old hat these days?

Re: Temperature/weather quilt

There was a group for this in 2017. I see it's still there. Maybe check it out to see how far it got.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

That sounds like something I'd be interested in. Thanks for suggesting it.

Comment

I would be interested in participating as well. I'd like to try using my scraps for it - 8ve got a whole drawerful that needs sorting.

Comment

I participated in the 2017 group. It was fun. Each temp range had a color and I had done the highs and lows for each day. Instead of doing a quilt I decided to do placemats for each month. One side was the highs and the other side the lows. Each month I put that months mat on my kitchen table so I can see the comparison :-) . I had also done a center mat showing each range color and the range. i.e. blue strip with the numbers (embroidered) 50-59. Like that. I think I put some samples up in the album in the group.

It would be neat to also have it with little indicators for sun, rain, snow etc.
          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
          Women are Angels.
          When someone
          break's our wings
          we will continue to
          fly...usually on a
          broomstick.
          We're flexible like that.
          - embroitique

Comment

I made a group for doing temperature quilts in 2020, since several people seemed interested.

Comment

Thank you for starting the group & sharing your blocks! I was thinking more & now decided I want to make it more "planned" so I am thinking maybe shot cotton or grunge or something along those lines. This will be so fun - I like the idea of doing a block or two each day if I can, will be fun to watch it grow!

Comment

It's almost January. Looking forward to starting the quilt and seeing what kind of weather 2020 brings! Bumping this thread in case there are other people who might be interested in joining the fun

Comment

I would be interested, I've always wanted to do a Sun bonnets sue...what a better way to combine the two. I even have a baby Sun bonnet for new years to kick it off...I would love to see how this works..I have weather fabrics

Comment

I've joined, but I am challenged as to the style or design I will make. Our weather can go from -30s to 30s celcius, so colours would be a wide range. . I'm Debating if I want bight colours or just shades of one colour, although these are usually my preferences. Maybe I will capture my moods as well. Either way I better get cracking, and get recording daily temperatures.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                    X