No announcement yet.

Recreating design patterns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was creating patterns in grade school, but didn't really realize it. We had a box full of balsa wood squares, triangles, you name it, which were colored. I just loved it. Actually found one about 20 years ago made out of a foam core product. It was for my kids, but guess where it is now? In my sewing studio. I am a technology person so the quilt programs out there, obviously are much more fun to play with, but every now and then, the old box gets opened just for giggles.
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

I'm with you! I am really averse to purchasing and, like you, enjoy the challenge of figuring it out.

Quilter's Rules:
      #1 Buy fabric - no matter how much you already have.
      #2 Sew all day and all night - no cooking allowed.
      #3 Start a new quilt before the last one is finished - must return to #1.

Comment

I haven't done it, but was thinking of taking a photo of DGD to a print shop and have it enlarged in black and white on paper so I can grid it and try to quilt a picture of her with one inch pieces. Not sure if that will work, but I think it may be worth a try. But first, I need to get other projects completed.

Comment

I have had some luck with counted cross stitch patterns and 1 inch squares.
          TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I am an Emergency Department Nurse from Arizona.

I am seeking advice, ideas and help from people in the sewing and quilting communities.

We are faced with a serious shortage both N95 masks and standard surgical masks. We may only have a few weeks of these supplies once we begin getting inundated with patients suffering from this COVID 19 disease.

Not just nurses, doctors, and other healthcare workers. Police, Fire and Emergency Medical Services will need masks as well.
            This shortage is all throughout the United States.

We cannot order more supplies because most of our Personal Protective Equipment was made in China, and there have been no shipments form China for over two months
            Nor will there be any shipments
            for the foreseeable future .

This is why your community may be of help.

Could your large network of individuals apply their talents and skills toward providing us with masks?

We will need millions upon millions of masks, all throughout the United States. All areas are faced with these shortages.

The masks would have to be constructed externally of tightly woven materials
            Inner lining of cotton
            Perhaps a sleeve or a pocket to hold a filter of some sort.

They
            would also have be washable and stand up to heat.
            Additionally they would need to be secured tightly to the face.

Please pass this message throughout the forums.

We will need these supplies everywhere.

The situations in the hospitals will become dire in the coming weeks and months as our hospitals become overfull with patients.

Please pass this idea and call for help.

Stay Healthy

Tricia Cashman
            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X