Wool Pressing Mat Brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wool Pressing Mat Brand

I want a wool mat and am wondering about the difference in prices. If you have one, what brand is it? TIA!

Re: Wool Pressing Mat Brand

I got mine at Quilt in A Day, it was on sale I think $15-ish which was a good price. It is about 9x11 and about 1 inch thick. I usually make mostly 6 or 8 inch blocks so that size works for me. It does emit kind of a wet wool smell when using it but that doesn't bother me. I have a 5 foot high bookcase next to my ironing board with an old fashioned metal file sorter on top of the bookcase so I just store it standing up there to thoroughly dry out when I am not using it. It does get your blocks nice and flat.I have seen the same size mats for $25 or higher but I think you should be able to find one for less, maybe even at Amazon.

Comment

I bought mine at a quilt show and I think I paid about $35. I love it, especially for flat seams and applique. After I had already purchased mine, I saw a tip from someone (on here? not sure) to order a wool saddle pad and it is much cheaper for the same thing, even bigger. https://www.statelinetack.com/item/m...ner/SLT901243/
      I am Sew Blessed!
      Alina

Comment

I saw the tip about the wool saddle pad but some who ordered them complained about the smell when using them. Just thought I’d mention it FYI.

Comment

All wool mats smell when using steam. It's like a wet wool sweater. Smell doesn't bother me one bit.
          I am Sew Blessed!
          Alina

Comment

My friend Bernie did a product review
            https://needleandfoot.com/2019/07/16...roduct-review/
            Preeti
            http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thank you everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by quiltsRfun View Post
                I saw the tip about the wool saddle pad but some who ordered them complained about the smell when using them. Just thought I’d mention it FYI.
                I passed that tip on to my cousin, who ordered one. Boy was she unhappy when it melted to her iron..... it claimed to be 100% wool.

I bought two from QIAD when they were on sale and am very happy with them. I had also ordered a wool rug pad after someone, either on here or facebook, recommended them, but after the other fiasco, have been afraid to try it.
                Donna

Comment

I bought the tan 30" square wool saddle pad from Stateline Tack and I love it. There is no strong odor, and I haven't had any problems with it sticking to my Panasonic cordless iron that is set on "high". There is another pad on the website that is synthetic wool (acrylic felt). I would avoid that one.
                  *~* Myrna *~*
                  *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Originally posted by MRoy View Post
                    I bought the tan 30" square wool saddle pad from Stateline Tack and I love it. There is no strong odor, and I haven't had any problems with it sticking to my Panasonic cordless iron that is set on "high". There is another pad on the website that is synthetic wool (acrylic felt). I would avoid that one.
                    That is where she ordered from too. I wondered if they sent the wrong one. I remember we looked at a tan one, but when it came it was a lighter color. Hhhmmm....
                    Donna

Comment

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
                      That is where she ordered from too. I wondered if they sent the wrong one. I remember we looked at a tan one, but when it came it was a lighter color. Hhhmmm....
                      It's possible...The synthetic wool pad looks almost white on the website.
                      https://www.statelinetack.com/item/m...ner/SLT901242/
                      *~* Myrna *~*
                      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Originally posted by MRoy View Post
                        It's possible...The synthetic wool pad looks almost white on the website.
                        https://www.statelinetack.com/item/m...ner/SLT901242/
                        That's what happened. I don't know whether we made the mistake or they did, but too late, now. Good to know that the other one works, though.
                        Donna

Comment

Working...
                        X