Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you make with this medical/nurse fabric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you make with this medical/nurse fabric?

I have a huge quantity of both these fabrics. Originally thought I would use for VQC bags, but doesn't seem appropriate. The background is white (bad photos), 100% cotton, wide width.

Any ideas or suggestions? What would you make?

Thanks in advance.image.jpgimage.jpg

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Re: What would you make with this medical/nurse fabric?

Love the one with band aids and stethoscopes! You could make scrub tops or little first aid pouches. Or either print would be a cute backing for a wheel chair sized quilt. Or if you have grandkids under the age of like 7 you could make a pretend cast with velcro closing and double batting and they could pretend to have a broken arm.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
      Love the one with band aids and stethoscopes! You could make scrub tops or little first aid pouches. Or either print would be a cute backing for a wheel chair sized quilt. Or if you have grandkids under the age of like 7 you could make a pretend cast with velcro closing and double batting and they could pretend to have a broken arm.
      Very creative!
      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I think I would make scrubs. I also think like Jocelyn that they'd be cute for backings for wheel chair quilts or wheel chair caddys. Heating pad or water bottle (does anyone still use one?) covers.
        edit: Sorry Jocelyn. I didn't read your complete suggestion and see you suggested scrubs. That seems like the perfect thing to use on. OR, hospital gowns would be cute with these fabrics, too. Maybe for nursing homes, etc.
        Last edited by cv quilter; October 3rd, 2019, 05:59 PM. Reason: Should have read previous answer first
        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Scrubs or a scrub jacket. That fabric was designed to coordinate with all the most common scrub colors. It would also be cute in kid-sized scrubs. Or a tote bag. I love Jocelyn's idea about making a pretend cast.

Comment

Thanks. I like the ideas of wheelchair caddy, water bottle covers, maybe even some bean bepags for ouchies. .

Scrubs came to mind, but I don't know anyone to give them to. Nurses at my mom's place wear same colour tops to identify the as nursing staff. Volunteers have another colour vest.

Would anyone like some? Send me a PM.

Comment

Jennys new quilt '4 square' She just posted today. Would be great as the background area!

Comment

Originally posted by Bernamom View Post
                Jennys new quilt '4 square' She just posted today. Would be great as the background area!
                That's true. But I wasn't sure who would want a quilt with medical items. I might do this, as I have a lot of solid fabrics that would match.

Comment

How about some quick zipper pouches for the nurses!
                  sigpic

Comment

It would be good for an I Spy quilt if you ever planed on making one.
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I like the ideas for a tote bag or zipper pouches, makeup bags for nurses. You could also make bandanas for kids with cancer. They would like the cute patterns. Maybe a decorative fun pillow top. Could always make just a lap size quilt for a nurse. I have some nursing design fabric and expect to make up a couple zipper pouches. Maybe even some phone pouches with a lanyard style strap on it.
                      :icon_happy:Karen
                      Life is short - live it up while you can

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
                        I like the ideas for a tote bag or zipper pouches, makeup bags for nurses. You could also make bandanas for kids with cancer. They would like the cute patterns. Maybe a decorative fun pillow top. Could always make just a lap size quilt for a nurse. I have some nursing design fabric and expect to make up a couple zipper pouches. Maybe even some phone pouches with a lanyard style strap on it.
                        Like these ideas, too! I'll just bet tote bags or zipper pouches would sell to those in the field or as a gift to someone who is.
                        Love the fabrics.
                        “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                        “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Working...
                        X