Cutting Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cutting Table

I'm trying to organise a small sewing room myself and had some great tips from the Forum. Have you seen this in Ikea ...

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/norden-...hite-10423886/

although I don't think I would like to sit at it with a sewing machine because of the legs but may work as a cutting table.
    I am also checking out Ikea hacks - some great ideas out there. Good luck

Comment

I just got the ikea norden table mentioned off facebook marketplace last month. Still arranging my room so have not used it as a cutting table. I want the ability to fold down one side for more floor space. And it has a few drawers for small things.
      But I have used a basic folding 5' table on bed risers before for perfect height. I am 5' so my table height may be different than yours

Comment

I would hesitate to recommend a folding card/buffet/craft show table. I have three that I used at craft shows and while they do go up higher than my waist, I found that when I put my cutting mat on it and tried to make long(ish) cuts, the table top would flex just enough that it wasn't making a very solid cut the whole length that I needed. I would say that the top of whatever table you use should be a more solid material than plastic or that padded stuff on some card tables. Maybe that means adding a piece of board from the home improvement store, or maybe it means getting a solid-top desk instead? I am very frugal myself but I really can't use that type of table - on it's own - as a cutting surface.

Comment

Working...
        X