Placematsf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placematsf

I thought I would make some of Jordan fabrics placemats for a Christmas Raffle. I have a stitch in the ditch foot for my Featherweight so thought I would just do that to quilt it. So my question to you is- when coming to the bottom of the placemat how do you prevent a pucker from forming at the end of your sewing. I was thinking of starting at the top and going 1/2 way then start again from the bottom and work to the middle. Any thought on this.

Re: Placematsf

Are you going to do a regular binding? I would just turn right (or left) then turn the mat around. So essentially your not going off. The binding will cover it. I think it was Leah Day that showed that in one of her videos.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

start in the middle and work out or you will have a pouf in the middle of your project
      sigpic

Comment

Donna Jordan uses the pillowcase method of backing her place mats. This makes it simple but it can pose a pucker problem when quilting. When I make her designs, I put a thin piece of fabric on the back and do all of the quilting except the basic SITD before I add the pillowcase backing. Then, the only thing I have left is some minimal ditch stitching that hold things together.

Are you making the mats from her new tutorial? I will be making them soon. Got my Bali Poppy in the mail yesterday.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I love Donna's placemat ideas but wondered about puckering if using the pillowcase method. Love your idea Barb. Problem solved.
          Theda :icon_wave:

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
          "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

Comment

Working...
          X