Displaying Quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying Quilts

Not sure this is the right place to ask this but - does anyone have suggestions on how to display quilts for Craft Shows? Laying them on a table is OK but people can't really see them until they come over and then have to unfold them which they are reluctant to do.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I Love all the tutorials here and have made a few of the quilts!

Re: Displaying Quilts

Will you have a place to prop a ladder ? That always looks like a good display to me.

Comment

If no place to prop a ladder which is a very good idea, maybe an ironing board ?

Comment

I use pants hangers (pressure clamp) so they are easy to take on and off to show. I try to fold them in such a way that both the top and the backing are visible, but I also have a full-size picture of each one tucked into a clear hanging pocket that acts as a "tag" on each. I feel like seeing the entirety of the top of a quilt is something that really helps people visualize it on their bed, plus it shows off the larger layout/pattern that you worked so hard on. I got this idea from many of the bedding companies that put a photo of the made bed on the front of their package.

Comment

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
          Will you have a place to prop a ladder ? That always looks like a good display to me.
          No, unfortunately I don't have room for a ladder in the booths. Some are only 8' square and not necessarily by a wall. But - I DO like that idea

Comment

I have hung them on a clothes rack but hadn't thought about the picture. I may try that at the next sale in October to see what happens. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by jlewis228 View Post
              No, unfortunately I don't have room for a ladder in the booths. Some are only 8' square and not necessarily by a wall. But - I DO like that idea
              Have you considered a stepladder? They don't need to be propped against a wall, and some have rungs on both sides.

Comment

Working...
              X