pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pins

Does anyone have any suggestions for pins. I have the dullest pins they barely go through the fabric-as I come across one that is really dull-I throw it away. I took a class and someone said to use a bar of soap for a pin cushion as the soap will sharpen them-I am not so sure.
    Thank you

Re: pins

run them through your hair, the natural oils will let them slide easier. Fill your pincushion with cornmeal and it will sharpen them every time you use it.
    sigpic

Comment

Good question! Similar to this, my pins seem to be too thick and make tiny holes in fabric. What pins do you all use and love? I prefer them to be thin but also long.
      I am Sew Blessed!
      Alina

Comment

This is the type that I use https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...s-sz-22-150-ct
        They are fine and since I tend to iron over pins often the glass heads are super.
        One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

*M sells a fine glass head pin I love, the longer ones I favor. I get the 1 7/8" ones.
          TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I have just about every type of pin, and every once in awhile some get dull or a knick. I run them through the tomato pincushion's little attachment and they are good as new.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I like the Clover extra fine patchwork pins with glass heads.
              *~* Myrna *~*
              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I like these because they are thin and long. Also use the "pass it through your hair" trick when needed.
                https://www.joann.com/dritz-crystal-...s/6568877.html

Comment

I use a fine, glass head, silk pin.

Remember your pins get dull just like your sewing machine needs, hand needles, etc. Throw them out and get new one's - they're not that expensive and you'll be happier when you're not struggling.

Comment

I use the pins that are about 2" long with yellow ball heads on them. Can't remember the brand as I bought them so long ago, but I can vouch that they are still very sharp!
                    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Untitled.jpg

Dritz quilting pins
                      Attached Files
                      K is for Karen 😊​..................
                      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                      T - is it TRUE?
                      H - is it HELPFUL?
                      I - is it INSPIRING?
                      N - is it NECESSARY?
                      K - is it KIND?

Comment

I have the most of the yellow ball tipped ones (plastic). You have to be careful not to iron over the heads. I have some of the flat flower headed pins that I use for specific things, but not on a daily basis. They definitely are sharper, but they are harder to grasp & remove as one is machine sewing along. I have a bit of neuropathy in my hands & arthritis, so I like the ball tipped ones. They're easier to grasp. I hadn't heard of the tip of running them through your hair.

Comment

Working...
                        X