Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is

your favorite accessories or gadget?
    Mine is the little snippers to cut the the threads rather than picking up a pair of scizzors.

Re: what is

I would have to agree. I love those little snippers too.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Comment

Wonder clips, especially if I'm doing EPP
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Mine would have to be my hand carved seam ripper. The shape & weight fit my hand perfectly so no cramping in the fingers, and with as much ripping I do... much appreciated! LOL

Comment

My small ironing pad which sits right next to my machine

Comment

I love those thread snips; in fact I just ordered another one today that will hang up. And wonder clips--what a great invention! But my #1 favorite gadget is that purple thang. It comes in handy for so many things.

Comment

Have to start with my machine. A good machine is worth its weight in thread. Sorry, I can't afford gold.
              sigpic

Comment

My favorite is a bamboo stiletto. I really liked my purple thang but I melted it while ironing open seams.
                My family loves my magnetic pin holder- a lot less pins on the floor.
                "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
                Hillary Clinton

Comment

Well Marta I also injured the purple thang, I sewed into it. Got just a little too close with the flat end, don't ask! I also just ordered another snippet thing! Got tired of taking my back n forth from the sewing table to the ironing table, granted the distance is NOT all that far, but every time I went to grab it, well it was on the other side of the room! Kinda like pin cushion, I need more than one!

Comment

This is an interesting question. I love my stripology ruler.

Comment

I love all of the above but my absolute fave is my Stripology ruler. It makes cutting perfect strips a breeze.
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I have to agree, my snippers !

Comment

I have to say all the above, and I don't believe there is a gadget that I don't own. I'm known as the gadget queen, but also to use regular items in the sewing room.

I use clip-on cup holders which I put magnetized bowls from auto parts store, and when I se, I fling my pins and needles towards the bowls. I rarely miss. I also love a ID clip chain to small sissors, which I hook to bottom of my top so i don't lose them. Also love my Clover awl. I did have various stilettos but they are not as precise. Also love all sizes of wonder lips. I keep the empty skinny spools of thread to roll my binding on. I put it on the 2nd pin for thread on sewing machines. Works beautifully.

I also use pipe cleaners for cleaning. But recently discovered a skinny stick with felt tip by Eleanor Buns. It gets all those little fluffs from machine. Next love the cotton picker. I just order 6 to give as xmas gifts.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

the most useful sewing related gadgets for me are:

-the singer needle threader metal with tiny hooks 36806
                            http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...threaders.html don't need to look to hard, somehow it goes through needle hole, only works with side facing needles.

-snips were a favourite but they need sharpening and a bungi to save being dropped, so sharp small scissors.
                            oo this has saved the day https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quality-Uni...gateway&sr=8-1

-the treadle, the quiet smoothness rhythm & creativity it gave, kind of hard to explain. learning a new skills priceless.

-storage found some packing cubes in sale few years back, https://www.amazon.co.uk/G4Free-Pack...gateway&sr=8-6

-when a project needed doing noticed time flew, went for an older style of this https://www.amazon.co.uk/STANLEY-Sta...ZTV4HRQE9MW0VW

links suggested for the pictures of items
                            Last edited by 201 Treadler; June 13, 2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I just picked up a great ironing mat on amazon! Currently my favorite
                              Last edited by mo_quilting; June 25, 2019, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X