• Show
Clear All

Make a "Diamond Pavers" Quilt with Jenny Doan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zHVw0OPwp0

Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Make a "Diamond Pavers" Quilt with Jenny Doan

I don't know if I'd make it, but it looks pretty cool. The black and white angled sashing creates a rhythm around the blocks. It could go really modern or masculine with some bold geometric prints in the centers. There's something kinda 1950's kitschy about the shape, too. Even reminds me of The Jetsons, lol.

Comment

I like this one, thank you Annika for posting.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I'm not crazy about this one, but I think it would be good for large prints or panel squares.

Comment

It would be great for those bigger prints that you don't want to cut up.
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I don't know if I like it or I just like all the movement and the contrast of the fabric. It is different and looks like a quick quilt. Thanks for posting the link.

Comment

On the fence with this one. Like the color/fabric choices, don't think I would make it.

Comment

I watched the video, but I'm thinking I'll have trouble with the bordering fabrics and getting it cut properly. Do like the fact that it looks way harder than she demonstrated. Might just try a few blocks and see how it goes.

Comment

I don't think I would make that one either. It is too busy looking for me, idk if it's the tilt in the pattern or the brightness of the fabric that makes it look that way. I wonder what it would look like in Kona classic solids. For all you who are so good at machine quilting, those blocks have lots of free space that you could fill up with different fancy stitching. And against a solid background those stitches would really stand out.

Comment

I would make this with solids...the prints make it way too busy for me.
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Not one I think I'd make, but you never know. It does look easy though.

Comment

Love it. It is totally my kind of quilt. Already have my layer cake picked out. Need to find some white for the sashing.
                        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

How many new (or newish ) quilters would be comfortable about just eye-balling the strip and stitching it on the 10" square? It would be a nightmare if the strip (once flipped) did not cover the corner If I attempt this block, I'd be frantically marking my squares to correctly position the strip.

I have seen a similar pattern by Libs Elliott called Mixtape. It is a free pattern by Andover and comes with a paper piecing template.
                          Preeti
                          http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

I would be marking the squares too. Hi Preeti!!

Comment

I really love this pattern. But I would surely mark each square so they are all the same and it takes the anxiety out of did I sew it correctly. Cant wait to see what fabrics are picked by those going to try it.
                              Karen
                              Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Working...
                              X