Had a quilt sale today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a quilt sale today

Today I was invited to show and sell quilts at a buffet dinner of bus loads of tourists from NJ, WI, & NC. We (all of you forum donaters) sold a bunch. 3000 plus in about 5 hours. Thankyou all for your generous donations and the Shriners Project feels a lot less depressed. I feel renewed energy. Thank you all so much. We had so many lovely comments about all the beautiful work that was represented.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Re: Had a quilt sale today

Congratulations! How exciting!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Fantastic!!!

Comment

WOWZA, that is such a blessing for the Shriners Hospital.

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

Way to go!!! But hey, you had ppl there from Wisconsin and nobody told me, waaaah. Or in the words of he who should not be named, So sad! I would have loved to have joined the party. Glad you did so well.

Comment

Terry, you are such a fantastic ambassador for the Shriners charity! And what fantastic results for your work and that of the quilt makers! Great outcome and you had a great opportunity with that event!

Comment

How wonderful to hear! Not sure how the invite came, but what a great opportunity.
                “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Wow! That is awesome. So n I was you have us all curious as to how the invite came along. Regardless, very happy for your project and all the good you do for the Shriners.

Comment

Great work Terry.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Congratulations....wonderful job, Terry!
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Fantastic work

Comment

That is terrific, and sounds like a massive undertaking and lots of planning. It's for such a good cause, hope it did well.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

The invitation came last Saturday as I was at a picnic BBQ with the old Shriners and one of the wives was there and introduced herself. She said I looked familiar and I told her I was the woman who wrote down the auction tickets at the annual auction. Then SHE said was I also the one with the quilts and how was that going. I bemoaned the fact that without the restaurant I had no venue for the sales. She called over another Shriner and said, don't you do those tour meals out at the Land o Sky and he said they only had one more this year until Sept but I was welcome to come and set up the quilts there and see if anyone wanted one. So, that's how it evolved. They said I could come again in the fall.
                            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                            Terry

Comment

That's awesome, Terry! You're such an ambassador for the Shriner's and their good works.
                              Katrina
                              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                              X