Can you help ID this pattern, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you help ID this pattern, please?

I ran across this while getting lost down a Pinterest rabbit hole, lol. It's exactly what I want for my new bedroom (so close! If all goes well I get to start painting tomorrow!)

I wanted a low volume scrappy quilt - I've searched & searched & searched, lol. I first wanted to make the pattern that Preeti made for her mother a while back, but I think that pattern needs more contrast.

Annnnnyway, I can figure this out- it's four patches & HSTs with cornerstone sashing. But I'd rather not do the math myself, because I'll inevitable booger it up, lol. So, if you happen to know what it is called d love to know! Thanks

20190518_082308.jpg

Re: Can you help ID this pattern, please?

It looks like jewel box blocks with sashing and corner stones in between each block.....it shouldn't be too hard?

http://www.lynbrown.com/jewel-box-sw...ree/#more-6407
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Maybe someone can say if the centre design of each 'irish chain square' has a name - in the quilt world - which might help the search. Some sort of cross?? Good luck

Comment

Just a variation on a jacobs ladder block, laid out differently and sashing added.
        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Originally posted by sewUK View Post
          Maybe someone can say if the centre design of each 'irish chain square' has a name - in the quilt world - which might help the search. Some sort of cross?? Good luck
          You know, I didn't notice that it has the look of a cross to it. Unfortunately, now that I see it, it looks like an iron cross and I need to do some research, as the only context I have for that is it's use by Germany in WWII and that white supremacists identify with it.

Comment

Originally posted by auntstuff View Post
            Just a variation on a jacobs ladder block, laid out differently and sashing added.
            That's what I thought when I saw it.
            Vonnie

Comment

I agree about the iron cross look, and once you see it, you can't unsee it. I wonder how it would look if the center square of each cross were left white, rather than yellow? I can't quite visualize it.

Comment

Basic Jacobs ladder block for comparison.

000_0018.jpg
                TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

It is the Easy Jacobs Ladder block, with sashing and cornerstones. You can easily figure it out: the block consists of 2 HSTs and 2 4Ps. I googled it and came to this pattern for sale:
                  https://images.app.goo.gl/A9vJyvoh32XmotYw7

Comment

its similar to little monkey on Bonnie Hunter Quilt ville free patterns tab
                    https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2011...le-monkey.html

7minutes in little monkey
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg95znx3n-g
                    Last edited by 201 Treadler; June 3, 2019, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X