pricing an unquilted top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pricing an unquilted top?

I have a few quilt tops lying around that I am considering selling because I just don't have enough time anymore to do much quilting. How do I decide what a fair price would be to sell them for? None are really complex. Is there a "formula" or other means of pricing? Most of the ones I make are either lap or twin sized.

Thanks.

Re: pricing an unquilted top?

No idea. I guess I'd look on ebay for a reference.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

I always do cost of materials X 3
      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Originally posted by auntstuff View Post
        I always do cost of materials X 3
        x3 for just the top? I thought most times that formula was for a completed quilt?

Comment

Only difference is more fabric and the batting in a completed one. Half the work is in piecing
          TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I usually consider where I am selling things. Double the cost if just a simple sale. Friends, family, etc. Triple the cost if selling somewhere I have paid for a booth or some expense. Even then, pay attention to your customer base. Young and hip and spendy? Yep, x3. And if it’s a fairly simple pattern, you can keep that in mind.

You have measured and cut out and ironed and sewed and ironed and sewed and ironed and starched and, you know. Don’t sell yourself short.

Comment

Working...
            X