• Show
Clear All

Make a "May Day Baskets" Quilt with Jenny Doan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilkwzzDithI

Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Make a "May Day Baskets" Quilt with Jenny Doan

Thank you Annika. She lost me at "you're gonna need" this special ruler. Sorry but I doubt very much that I will buy this ruler. Is it a 60 degree ruler? I have one of those.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
      Thank you Annika. She lost me at "you're gonna need" this special ruler. Sorry but I doubt very much that I will buy this ruler. Is it a 60 degree ruler? I have one of those.
      She uses the rulers to make and square up half square triangles. You don't need those exact rulers, you could use something similar -- strip tube ruler, triangle square up ruler, etc. Or, you could use yardage instead of a jelly roll, and make half square triangles using whatever method you prefer.

Comment

Today's tutorial makes a lovely quilt...love the fabric, too.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
          Thare are lots of rulers that do the same thing and I don't feel the need to have them all.

It is very pretty! I was admiring that fabric line at a LQS I was in on Monday.
          Donna

Comment

I borrowed one of those rulers last week for just a few minutes. I did not like it since I was trouble seeing my sewn line. It might work well if you used a thread color that showed better on your fabric.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Funnily enough I have been looking for this pattern and found one on YouTube the other day - it must mean I have to use this block!!

DD bought me QIAD square up ruler for Christmas, it works fabulously as it enables me to get a more precise cut.

Comment

Working...
              X