• Show
Clear All

Spinning Stars Blue Metallic Quilt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9y7GPwUxQ8

Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Spinning Stars Blue Metallic Quilt!

Thanks for that! I have to say that is really unfortunate looking fabric. I don't like it at all.

Comment

Nice pattern - thanks for sharing! Sydneybean, that's funny because I usually do Not like metallics but I think the fabrics she chose are really pretty - perhaps because the "metallic" part is blue and not silver or gold.
      I am Sew Blessed!
      Alina

Comment

Oh that was a lot of metallic! made me think Glitter really. But i wanted to see her do the bunny quilt!!!

Comment

Pretty pattern but I wasn't wild about that metallic either. The fabrics would be better without it.

Comment

Originally posted by nativetexan View Post
            Oh that was a lot of metallic! made me think Glitter really. But i wanted to see her do the bunny quilt!!!
            This is the tutorial for the bunny quilt. It is really cute. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIxkG5NegUY
            I am Sew Blessed!
            Alina

Comment

Beautiful quilt and fabrics! I love the look of metallics, but I don't like to use them personally. I love a soft, comfy quilt and metallics just don't lend themselves to feeling that way no matter how pretty. I could see these beauties in a wall-hanging though.
              Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Usagi I thank you!!

Comment

I like the colors of the fabrics; teal is one of my favorite colors, but I don't particularly like the pattern. The pieces of the stars are a bit too wonky for me.

Comment

Confession time: I love sparkly things!

In my early years of quilting, I chose a bolt of fabric specifically because it had sparkles on it. When I took it to the cutting table, they explained to me that I would not be happy trying to sew through the sparkles. I may remember them warning me that I could ruin my machine. I sadly put the fabric back and have every since stayed away from sparkled fabric.
                    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I have a question, will those sparkles hold up during washing and drying? Do they need special technique? You can't turn it inside out if it is a quilt. That is what my embellished sweatshirts say to do. I think this would be a better visual with tone on tone fabric. Not so busy.

Comment

I love her, she has such an eye for colors and fabrics, thank you for sharing.
                        Gary,

"No regrets, only learning opportunities."

Comment

I do not know about the sparkles but I have washed some quilt fabric with gold accents and it washed fine with no loss of the gold. I also have some clothes with both gold and sparkles that wash fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X