FUSION GEL MARKERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FUSION GEL MARKERS

Does anyone have any actual experience with removing lines caused from a Fusion pen on an Art Quilt that is going into a show. Lines do not show up unless the quilt gets cold.

Re: FUSION GEL MARKERS

Is it batik fabric or not batik fabric? Is the fabric color light or dark? Different solutions to attempt for each situation.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I would not recommend using a frixon pen on dark fabrics. It will leave a light line when you iron it.

I would recommend making tests on scraps first since it's for a show.
      Katrina
      From NC, retired in FL
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I found the following information on The Quilt Skipper's blog, you can access the entire article here: https://quiltskipper.com/2015/08/fri...-need-to-know/

1. Frixion pens combine gel ink and thermo ink. You are marking your quilt with a gel pen that disappears.
        2. The marks will reappear if the quilt gets cold (anything below freezing I think-I did not confirm the specific temperature) unless the mark is completely removed with an ink remover. Even after a thorough steam of the marks, they will reappear in the cold. This is part of the inherent chemistry of the ink combination.
        3. To completely remove the ink so that it will not ghost or reappear in the cold, you will need an ink remover and also may possibly need to scrub the area. The manufacturer has tested Amodex and Mötsenböcker’s Lift-Off 3 and found them to be fairly effective in removing the ink.
        4. Frixion pens sometimes leave a ghost mark after steaming. This is the thermo ink showing on the quilt, not the gel. The Pilot rep said to rid the piece of ghost marks you would need to treat it with the ink removers listed above.

Hope this helps!

Comment

I have a few that I quit using. The last quilt I hand quilted I use washable markers and it all came out in the wash.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Slow on the recall, but it just dawned on me, and I can't think of her You Tube ... maybe, Sew Very Easy did testing on markers.. she uses the washable crayola markers for marking and they washed right out.
            Katrina
            From NC, retired in FL
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
              Slow on the recall, but it just dawned on me, and I can't think of her You Tube ... maybe, Sew Very Easy did testing on markers.. she uses the washable crayola markers for marking and they washed right out.
              You are right, I saw that one. Here's a link if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ne4mCvIR0

Comment

Working...
              X