• Show
Clear All

Make a "Spring Twist" Quilt with Jenny Doan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKSm9pBL2qM

Enjoy and have a great weekend !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Make a "Spring Twist" Quilt with Jenny Doan

Thanks Anika! I always look forward to your "heads up" posts. I'm going to have to make this one soon. Maybe even for me to keep. It's just too sweet.
    Theda :icon_wave:

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
    "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

Comment

Am I crazy or has she done one like this in the past? Maybe the snowball corners went the other way. I love it either way.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I like this one and I have a pack of Bali pips that might fit the bill!

Comment

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
          Am I crazy or has she done one like this in the past? Maybe the snowball corners went the other way. I love it either way.
          Yes she did! I made that one and thought, oh, I'all do the snowballs the other way and make pinwheels! So I made fence rail blocks without the snowballs on, and then had to unsee every seam to insert the snowball! Learned the hard way how NOT to construct these blocks! I love the finished look of this!

Comment

I believe she did Diamond Fence Rail. Donna Jordan did the pinwheel variation a while back.
            Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
              Yes, she did a Pinwheels on Point with Fence Rail https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutori...nce-rail-quilt.

Donna Jordan made a similar one: Let's Make a Pinwheel Rail Fence! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhjLPMjB5x0

Comment

I can see this as a great children’s quilt.
                Just make it smaller for a crib or lap quilt
                using children’s prints and assorted solids
                to make colorful pinwheels.

Comment

I really like the looks of Jenny's more than Donna's. Maybe because of more fabric colors.

Comment

I cut one out over the weekend and didn't have quite enough of the snowball fabric so my outside rows won't have snowballs next to the border. I think that will work just fine. One day soon I will get all those snowballs done and share a picture.

Comment

Working...
                    X