Chair mat for carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chair mat for carpet

My new house has carpet in my sewing room and it is driving me nuts because the chair does not roll. Has anybody used one of those mats that go under your chair on carpet? How did it work? What should I look for or avoid?

Thanks for any input.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Re: Chair mat for carpet

I have very flat carpet in my sewing room, and we have carpet roll mats. It works great. No issues. They sell a flat one and another with grips for higher pile carpet.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I had the one for higher pile carpet...threw it away! I went back and got one of the larger bamboo mats. It rolls out flat under my larger desk and is held in place by the inner legs. I love it, only problem, when the kids put it back after the window guys, they put it too far under the desk and I roll off the back of it. lol, then I get that sinking feeling.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Try a yoga mat . I picked one up at Goodwill for a couple of $$
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

I have regular carpet and use a mat I picked up at Office Depot years ago. I have used it so much, it now has cracks in the middle where I sit a lot. I think it's time to replace.

Comment

I use one under my chair. It works great.

Comment

We have carpet in our den/sewing area. I have a floor mat on the carpet for my rolling chair. The underside of our mat has gripper points. It works well.
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

The mats are good with one word of caution! Please be extra cautious that you "chair" doesn't get away from you as you sit down they tend to move quickly on the plastic mats.
                “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

We have quite thick carpet and I have to use a chair mat. I buy mine at Staples and I use the ones that are made for thick carpet. I have to replace them about every 4-5 years because they crack.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

One of my sons gave me a mat for my quilting loft for Mothers Day a few years back. I don't know how I sewed without it. Mats do crack after awhile. They crack at the office too. Not much you can do about that but replace them. They are well worth it though.
                    Theda :icon_wave:

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
                    "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

Comment

DH bought mine from Staples. He also bought me thick rubber mats to stand on when I'm working on the longarm.
                      Vonnie

Comment

I was using OFM ESS-8800C Transparent, the product is made from premium PVC plastic and it has a flat surface for easy rolling, anti-slipping. Molded cleats and studs to keep the chair mat cling to the carpet. You can try use it.

Comment

I've been struggling with my chair on a carpet for quite a while now and it's a real pain in my back. Very annoying. So I just purchased one and it should have arrived Friday. I couldn't wait! It didn't come yet. My back is very angry about that :-( I hope it gets here tomorrow.
                          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                          Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

When we moved, both my husband and I needed new chair mats. We had used the plastic ones before. They do become brittle after awhile, can be hard to clean and are not to comfortable to walk on barefoot. This time we went with the glass mats. Chairs glide so easily, nice to walk on, easy to clean. They can be a bit heavy is the only disadvantage we have found.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X