Pen for permanent writing on fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pen for permanent writing on fabric

Do any of you have advice for permanent marker that will not wash off? I want to write a story on fabric, butfabric will be washed. I will need a fine lined tip.

Re: Pen for permanent writing on fabric

I use the Micron pens.

Comment

I also use Micron pens. I wrote a poem on my first grand-daughters' quilts. I have wondered if they would fade after many washings. Anyone have that experience?

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I have used the Micron gel pens for many years on my quilts. I recently switched to the Pentel gel pens. I have been very happy with both. And just FYI in case you didn't already know... make sure that your fabric is prewashed to get out the chemicals and sizing that all new fabrics come with and do not use fabric softener on the fabric that will be marked.

Here is a link to an article you might find helpful...

http://quiltingdigest.com/which-perm...st-for-quilts/
        Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I started using the Pentel Fabric Gel Roller. Bubby (Barb) recommended it to me. I like the way it writes on fabric. It seems to roll more smoothly on the fabric.
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I also recommend the Pentel Fabric Gel Roller. I've used Microns in the past but they fade out. I had a hard time finding in stores though and ordered it from Amazon.
            I am Sew Blessed!
            Alina

Comment

Another option may be to use your computer's printer. I have made quilt labels (including graphics) and printed them onto a cotton inkjet fabric sheet. I haven't washed the quilt, though, so I don't know how well it holds up. The manufacturer claims that it "holds the printed image better than other brands."

https://electricquilt.com/online-shop/inkjet-fabric/

Of course, using a pen allows you to put your own handwriting into the project, which is priceless.

Comment

Thank you as always for the wisdom.

Comment

Working...
                X