Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retreat questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Retreat questions

    I'm getting packed up for my first ever quilt retreat.....actually it's a Scrapbooking Retreat put on by a group I used to belong to when I was a scrapbooker. It's a wonderrful group of ladies, my special DIL included. They generally hold the events in a hotel and the venue is not conducive to quilting. This time they have rented a large house in a nearby town that is set up for all kinds of crafts - quilting included. Soooo I'm joining those paper cutting gals once again. The retreat runs from 2pm on Thursday through 5pm on Sunday....and tomorrow is the big day.

    Now - with all that being said - I need all you seasoned retreaters to tell me what I absolutely must take. I've got all the usual stuff - rulers, rotary cutter, mat, iron, pins, clips, tape measure, a couple of projects semi-ready to work on, sewing machine, ott light..... well you get the picture. But I really need to know what NOT everyday item I should pack.
    Any help you can give would be most appreciated.

    #2
    Re: Retreat questions

    If you are bring your own cup I would advise one with a tight fitting top in case it gets knocked over or bumped it will not affect your machine or project.
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.



    Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/



    www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Retreat questions

      Painters tape, Elmers washable school glue
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Retreat questions

        Extension cord will be handy. Don’t forget snacks (M & M’s).

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Retreat questions

          Just make sure you don’t forget your machine cord and foot pedal!

          Have a great time and come tell us all about it.
          Pam

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Retreat questions

            Be sure to bring clothes, a friend left hers at home once.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Retreat questions

              Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
              Be sure to bring clothes, a friend left hers at home once.
              LOL - sounds like something I would do

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Retreat questions

                Wow, that sounds like great fun, my DD is a scrap booker and would love to attend an event like this with her!! Have a great time!!!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Retreat questions

                  Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
                  Painters tape, Elmers washable school glue
                  thanks - just added both to my stash

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Retreat questions

                    Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
                    Be sure to bring clothes, a friend left hers at home once.
                    that is so funny -

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Retreat questions

                      Originally posted by cjsews View Post
                      Extension cord will be handy. Don’t forget snacks (M & M’s).
                      oops - extension cord - just added it. Didn't get M&M, but did get peanut butter eggs

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Retreat questions

                        Originally posted by Cathy F View Post
                        If you are bring your own cup I would advise one with a tight fitting top in case it gets knocked over or bumped it will not affect your machine or project.
                        great advice - thanks

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Retreat questions

                          Originally posted by PamelaOry View Post
                          Just make sure you don’t forget your machine cord and foot pedal!

                          Have a great time and come tell us all about it.
                          got them...thanks.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Retreat questions

                            If you have a rolling sewing chair that adjusts height, I would bring it. All of the retreats I have been to have those folding 6ft tables which is great but the chairs available are usually to low for comfort. I always bring my own rolling office chair. It sits very nicely seat side down on a back seat with its wheels in the air.
                            Also, does the place have an ironing board? you mentioned your iron but a surface will be good too.
                            Sounds like a fun time, enjoy!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Retreat questions

                              Originally posted by Murphy224 View Post
                              If you have a rolling sewing chair that adjusts height, I would bring it. All of the retreats I have been to have those folding 6ft tables which is great but the chairs available are usually to low for comfort. I always bring my own rolling office chair. It sits very nicely seat side down on a back seat with its wheels in the air.
                              Also, does the place have an ironing board? you mentioned your iron but a surface will be good too.
                              Sounds like a fun time, enjoy!
                              Great advice. As it happens though, the place we are going is specifically geared to crafters and each station has an ergonomic adjustable office chair

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X