Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visiting MSQC in 2019

Hi Everyone!
    I have wanted to come visit MSQC for a while now and I think this will be the year I am able to come. There is two weekend dates I am considering either the weekend before birthday bash to attend a trunk show or come during birthday bash. Pros and cons for both?

Re: Visiting MSQC in 2019

I visited on a weekday in early November. Nothing special was going on but it gave me a chance to take my sweet time and check out their many stores.

Comment

Oh wow, you are sure to have an enjoyable time whenever you go. My suggestion is to go for B-day Bash and stay for the Fall Forum Retreat which is due to begin the day after the bash.

Beth
      Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

I went in Sept 2017 a week after the Birthday Bash.We are Pennsylvanians but my husband is a Kansas City Chiefs fan so I'll probably go again this Sept. Speaking for myself, I liked the fact that it was not too crowded. The employees mentioned that the previous week there had been busloads of people. I'd imagine it's much harder to maneuver around then. The shops were spacious and you could really bond with the fabric lol. Jenny wasn't there when I was there. I imagine she is during the Birthday Bash. It's overwhelming just going through that many fabric stores, so for me at least, the quieter time was more enjoyable. Have fun whatever you decide to do!

Comment

I've only been to birthday bash once, and wasn't impressed. But to be fair, I must admit I was only there for Saturday, the last day, so maybe it was better on the other days. I do recommend the forum retreat which starts the day after birthday bash, if you can stay for more than a day or two.

Comment

Might be worth mentioning that a good majority of the individual stores are long and narrow. If you don't like crowds and confinement.....

Comment

Honestly, I have had a better shopping experience during regular times, not during the birthday bash - too many people.
              K is for Karen ๐Ÿ˜Šโ€‹..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

The birthday bash, while nice, is quite crazy! Also, don't forget the stores are all closed on Sundays.
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Thank yโ€™all for the great replies.... I am leaning toward going when it is not so crowded, they can make me feel overwhelmed

Comment

I agree with going when the crowds aren't there and hope to in 2020.

Link to a post about last years Bash:

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sh...=birthday+bash
                    Donna

Comment

I had the opportunity to visit last year the week after the birthday bash. It was very enjoyable to not have the crowds. Jenny had a trunk show scheduled one of the days I was there and that morning tour buses came into town and it became very crowded.
                      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I visited last summer, and planned my trip to Hamilton on the day that Jenny had a trunk show. Get your ticket ahead of time. There were no special events, but there was a retreat going on and I think there were two buses that day. It was pleasant shopping with not too many people.

They must open up other venues for people to eat when there's a bash or large event, as Hamilton is pretty small and very few reataurants. These were all busy when I was there.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

It is super crowded on the weekend of the Birthday Bash. It is also JC Penney days, and Saturday, the entire block in front of the main shop is set up with local vendors selling their wares. Much like an outdoor craft and vendor show. You can get everything from fresh fried pork rinds to handcrafted leather goods After last year I am not sure I will go for the B'day bash...but will be there right after for the forum retreat. If I do go early I will most likely stay with a friend, or my niece, and may drive in for a day, either Saturday or Friday.
                          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X