Oh no here we go again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no here we go again!

Sorry folks its surfergirl here again. Last year I went through the long shipping situation. Back and forth with emails with no answer, it took 29 days to get one layer cake. They did email me and said they were going to fix this. So a couple of days ago they had the 30's fabric jelly rolls that you could get two for the sale price. So I jumped in and ordered. In two days they emailed it was shipped, yeah, so I checked the tracking # and delivery will be March 14th,WHAT!!!! not again. Oh well I guess Hawaii and Alaska don't count for on time delivery.

Re: Oh no here we go again!

Why do you keep ordering???????????
    When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I'm not a big fan of FedEx Sure Post. I'll watch the tracking, it will be in GA, just north of FL, then get shipped North two states to Charlotte, to be sent to Concord, NC, then back down to Orlando (which they have to drive through Jax to get to) then back up to Jacksonville. Depending on the arrival time, from there add another couple of days.

The more places that our packages go, the greater the chance something can go wrong.... like torn up packages. You can guess how I know.
      Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
      ― Maya Angelou

Comment

I live 150 miles south of *M, and my stuff goes to Mississippi, and then back again. Takes almost 2 weeks on average. I don't order much or often. They must send Surfergirl's stuff by slow boat.
        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Originally posted by auntstuff View Post
          I live 150 miles south of *M, and my stuff goes to Mississippi, and then back again. Takes almost 2 weeks on average. I don't order much or often. They must send Surfergirl's stuff by slow boat.
          I guess I'm in the "Golden Zone" (Cushing OK near Tulsa) Had only 2 orders take longer than 4 days
          I always referred to it as "Slow Boat from China Inc."
          When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
          Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I ordered twice this month. First on Feb 11th. It was sent fedEx, and I got it in 8 days. That's record time, as it has to cross border and customs.
            Then I ordered on Feb 14. That order didn't get shipped until Feb 20th. As far as I can tell, it was not sent FedEx, it has barely moved and still trying to find a post office in the US. I would like this fabric before mid-March as it has fabric I need to finish a birthday gift.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

That is just insane to me that it takes so long for things to get to you! I order purse hardware from a gal on Oahu and always have it within three days of ordering it.
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Let me jump in here. As long as the place of business you order from gets your order "out the door" in a timely manner (and they all are NOT like Amazon) it is now in the hands of the carrier NOT the business purchased from.

Comment

But, the business purchased from chooses the carrier. I never order from M* if I need something sooner rather than later.
                  Pam

Comment

Originally posted by ktdid View Post
                    Why do you keep ordering???????????
                    my mistake, I had forgotten about the long shipping time, but I will now put a post it note on my computer. p.s. I have been ordering from M* for over five years now, and this is something that has just happened in the last 6 months. The longest I waited before was just under two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by mamo69 View Post
                      Let me jump in here. As long as the place of business you order from gets your order "out the door" in a timely manner (and they all are NOT like Amazon) it is now in the hands of the carrier NOT the business purchased from.
                      EXACTLY - but the choice of who that shipper is, is in the hands of M*. They have made it abundantly clear that getting our orders to us in a timely manner is of ZERO importance to them. Period. I still order DD and things I don't need soon. Anything I need in less than a month, I order elsewhere.

There are numerous other companies that charge $5 and send it 2 day priority, as well as get it out the same day if you order early enough. Ask me how I know that! Experience.
                      Donna

Comment

I can order the same items from equilter, farther away, and have it in 3 days, even when they were in the process of moving the business.
                        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I gave up on ordering from Missouri. I would like to support them but it's just too long a wait to get my fabric. I now order from equilter and it always arrives in a reasonable time.

Comment

I don't get that they don't seem to care enough to insure customers get their orders in a reasonable time. What's reasonable? Plain and simple. As good or better than anyone else.

surfergirl is on Oahu. I buy fabric from Honolulu and get it in 3 days (ships free). Should she not expect the same from the mainland? I buy notions and other stuff shipped from China. Wait for it- free freight and arrives in 5 days from order date. Can't believe we can't compete. Fabric from the east coast (all cuts) gets here in 4-5 days. So. Cal? 2 days. Rocky Mountain states- 3 days. I do order at a specific time of day so my order is there when they show up for work in the morning. Pretty much without fail it ships that day.

For those that mentioned it- The sellers responsibility DOES NOT end when the shipping company picks up your package. Their responsibility ends when you rip open the package and check off the packing list. That means getting your stuff to you when you want it, and providing enough shipping options to make that happen.

Earned the business? "Show me!"
                            You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

Order your goodies from The Fat Quarter Shop. Things get from Texas to Iowa in 3 days and I've never had a problem with them...Great service

Comment

Working...
                              X