Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trigger warning.needle injury story and Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auntie Uli
    replied
    Re: Trigger warning.needle injury story and Questions.

It happened to me once and I was very glad that I used a titanium coated needle... it came it without breaking and I managed not to bleed on the quilt.... but this was a experience I am not keen on making it again!

Leave a comment:

• Old Newbie
    replied

Good heavens! I had no idea this was so common! I am sorry for all of you who have gone through it. I was glad my needle broke as I do not think I would have had sense to turn fly wheel. I was so shocked. My finger is healing-it’ll be fine. I am going to be more careful.I don’t know what a stiletto is, but I am going to buy one!!!

Leave a comment:

• Star lover
    replied

Owzers! Never happened to me........hope it never happens. Scary......hope you heal fast and with little in inconvenience.......thankful you were able to get “free.”

Leave a comment:

• PamelaOry
    replied

Yikies! Scary to hear how common this is. In terrified of doing this. Another good reason to use a stiletto I suppose. I hope your finger heals quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz
    replied

I agree with KarenC. I never thought about how often it occurs, but it sure is a fear of mine. I am going to be very warchful of where my fingers are. Hope the pain is gone quickly.

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied

Wow, I had no idea this was such a common thing. I hope it never happens to me, since I am usually alone at home sewing .

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

Originally posted by TMP View Post
    It happen to me with the long arm and it didn't get my nail it got the side of my pointer finger. I almost passed out and nearly ruined the quilt I was working on.
    Me too! Luckily I was able to stretch far enough to turn the wheel. The needle got stuck in the middle of my fingernail. Did not get blood on the quilt. Soaked my finger in a small Dixie cup filled with rubbing alcohol for 5 minutes. Had a small round hole in my nail until it grew out. Wake up call!

Leave a comment:

• Rhonda K
    replied

Oh my that sounds so painful and it happens so fast. Thanks for the reminder to be careful and mindful of where the fingers are placed.

Leave a comment:

• TMP
    replied

It happen to me with the long arm and it didn't get my nail it got the side of my pointer finger. I almost passed out and nearly ruined the quilt I was working on.

Leave a comment:

• Tracie T
    replied

Just the thought makes me feel weak in the knees. Get better soon! Everyone be careful!

Leave a comment:

• Carlie Wolf
    replied

Yikes. I'm just cringing and shuttering at the thought of it :-( Hope you feel better soon and it NEVER happens again.

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

Hope your finger heals up quickly!

Leave a comment:

• chelea
    replied

Yup, caught my nail and the tip of my finger. Very scary. I was pushing a backpack strap through, not making a quilt. Guess I should stick to quilting. I hate repairing stuff.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

It happened to me for the first, and I hope only, time just a couple weeks ago. The needle went down and did not come up....all I could do was sit there in disbelief. It was on the new machine and I had to figure out what button to push to get it to come back up...did not occur to me to turn the wheel!

By the way, this is how she got her name. After biting me, I named her Nipsy!

Leave a comment:

• amartin24
    replied

This happened to me recently but it was my own stupidity. Thankfully, the needle did not go all the way through my finger or fingernail but did go into the side of my finger next to the nail. It was my stupidity because I didn't change out my zipper foot after I was done sewing on a zipper. The zipper foot is open on the sides and doesn't have any protection when you "push" fabric through. I was even dumber when I allowed it to happen twice before I changed the foot (and got major band-aids)! Live and Learn!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X