Charity and Children's Quilt Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charity and Children's Quilt Ideas

Hi everyone, My church guild is trying to come up with new patterns for children's quilts. I have a bunch of charm packages and a few jelly rolls but cannot come up with any ideas. Any go to patterns out there? Thank you for your thoughts.

Re: Charity and Children's Quilt Ideas

This is my favorite: https://www.pleasantvalleycreations....-x24574649.htm
    Michele
    ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

have you looked at moda bake shop? you can use the buttons on the right side to sort.
      http://www.modabakeshop.com/
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelea View Post
        This is a super easy pattern that always looks stunning. I still have the pattern so if you have any questions you can pm me.bobs blue n white.jpg
        sigpic

Comment

I look at Pinterest for ideas and free patterns.

Comment

http://www.abrightcorner.com/2017/01...al-reboot.html

I made this one recently using scraps of different sizes. It's very easy to make and has a free tutorial.
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

My go to is the disappering nine patch, but you might want to check out this recent post https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sh...ad.php?t=79772 for the jelly rolls.
              “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
              “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

image.jpgI like Warm Wishes, Falling Charms, disappearing 9 patch, fence rail, fence rail diamond, fence rail stars, Irish chain with appliqué or embroidery in the blocks between the chains, super simple squares, 9 patch star, which I just finished yesterday. And of course, Jelly roll race! All are precut friendly and very simple to put together. All pictured here except D9P. I also like Double Slice Layer Cake for using large scale prints.

When a new tutorial comes out that interests me, I try it out making a small quilt. These are the quilts I donate to charities or children's groups. These were left over from previous events. They are also great practice pieces for new quilting patterns Im' trying to learn!
                Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; January 24, 2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

I love disappearing 9 patch for baby quilts - quick and easy, great for featuring cute prints. 502063A7-FFF1-4E28-A38E-5E889682C7BB.jpg
                  sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

I think when donating to childrens charities, the patterns are insignificant
                    , its the love you put in that makes them work
                    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                    Terry of NC

Comment

Thanks for all the help ;and kind thoughts...I am off to play in my sewing room. Have a peaceful evening everyone.

Comment

WOWZERS!!! My mind just became an embarrassment of riches!!

Comment

Falling charms, 4 patch using charm squares. pin wheels, disappearing 9 patch, Chinese coin quilt, and simple scrappy charms all over. Also sewing on telephone book paper on diagonal and putting 4 blocks together to make your pattern, very nice. Check Bonnie Hunter's site. Have fun. Some times its just the fabrics that you use that makes the quilt, not the pattern.

Comment

Jenny's Super Simple Hourglass! It is just 4-patch units cross cut and the nice thing is, you can use any size square to make it as long as all of your squares are the same size. And it doesn't need a border. You could practically be comatose and not mess it up. The only tweak I would do is when you cross cut it --cut almost to the middle with your rotary cutter and where all seams come together make that final cut with your scissors. Saves wear on the rotary blades.

Comment

Hi Pat!

This one is really fun to put together and uses charm packs. I found that making 2 - 6 x 6 squares and cutting each one diagonally once, you have four pieced triangles and you can play with the layout a little more. It can also be enlarged by making the squares 7 x 7 or 8 x 8.

https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutori...int-with-jenny
                              Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X