Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Storm at sea

Originally posted by auntstuff View Post
    I used templates with mine too, no ruler or PP.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]161530[/ATTACH]
    Beautiful quilt

Comment

On my bucket list! I will have to check my Marti Michell template set ( bought to make a small Missouri Star). Thanks for naming so many options. This is a beautiful quilt!

Comment

IMG_1209.JPG

IMG_1208.jpg

When I made mine I used the trimplates by Wendy Matheson. They did a great job, but they only make the blocks in one size. The next time I make one I will use the Deb Tucker Diamond Recs and Square Squared tools. They make lots of sizes and the accuracy is unsurpassed.

Comment

Another really nice couple of templates for a Storm at Sea quilt are made by Deb Tucker or Studio 180 Designs. One of the advantages of Deb Tucker's tools is that she includes fabric cutting directions that tend to save substantial amounts of fabric. For example, when snowballing a strip, Deb has you cut oversized triangles; then you use her tool to precisely trim away a tiny sliver of fabric. The "normal" way is to cut a whole square and then cut away almost half of it.

I believe that the names of the two tools you'd need for Storm at Sea are Diamond Rects tool and the Square2 tool (pronounced Square Squared).
          Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
          X