X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chelea
    replied
    Re: Fabric blahs

I wish MSQC offered Art Gallery fabrics. Their fabrics are beautiful and different from the usual stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Kashu1958
    replied

I have so much in my stash I decided to just start working on it...I started a new one the other night...the deer window pane that Jenny did the video on. It's perfect for my son. I haven't done anything since before Christmas and I was itching to get back. I cleaned out my sewing room (it was a mess after 5 quilts for gifts), now I'm ready to roll.

I do agree though...there doesn't seem to be any new fabrics out there inspiring me either, that's why I turned to what I have. We have a Quilt Show in Hampton VA next month. Can't wait to go and see what's there.

Leave a comment:

• just4me
    replied

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    I haven't been enthused either. They all seem to remind me of prints from the late 50's.
    I agree, nothing looks particularly new these days...it all looks pretty "same old same" to me. I keep gravitating back to the batiks aisle in my LQS for inspiration and delight.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Originally posted by KPH View Post
    I saw this today on the Moda Blog... Little Snippets by Bonnie and Camille.

http://blog.modafabrics.com/2019/01/little-snippets/
    I love anything from Bonnie and Camille! Such happy colors!

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

I have an extensive stash. Lately I've been shopping my stash and have found many amazing things!

Leave a comment:

• chelea
    replied

I love Sweetwater. I've sort of moved away from pre-cuts as a rule. I love the variety but the pinked edges and mis-cuts are annoying because I can't be as precise as I like. Whenever possible I cut them off but that's not always an option, especially with M* patterns.

Leave a comment:

• Quilter74
    replied

I recently received an email from The Sweetwater Co showing their new Christmas line for 2019. I love almost everything they design and have already put in my reserve at The Fat Quarter Shop. This might be something you'd like!(?)

Leave a comment:

• Carlie Wolf
    replied

I haven't been enthused either. They all seem to remind me of prints from the late 50's.

Leave a comment:

• cv quilter
    replied

I was just looking at this line the other day. I LOVE it!

Leave a comment:

• amartin24
    replied

I know how you feel. I haven't been wow'ed by any fabric lines lately either. For that reason, I haven't bought the daily deal in a Long time. I was recently at a huge fabric shop (Burkholder's) in PA. This pattern caught my eye https://www.nancyrinkdesigns.com/sho...ge-detail.html I don't know when the pattern came out or the fabric line but I fell in love with it and purchased it all for the pattern. The Marcus New aged linens are so pretty and different from what I usually sew with. They are a solid that almost looks like suede. Not sure When I'll get to this quilt but when I'm ready I have everything I need.

Leave a comment:

• MRoy
    replied

I feel the same. Other than a cheap layer cake from Tuesday Morning, I've not bought very little print fabric in the past year...just a few solids &some wide backing for a gifted quilt. Nothing has really "grabbed" me.

Leave a comment:

• Star lover
    replied

Now that you mention it.......I haven't bought anything new in months either.......I saw the Little Snippets and I'm a drooling......so time cures just about anything......that and light bulb moments!

Leave a comment:

• The_Last_Unicorn
    replied

A lot of fabric collections don't appeal to me, either. Sometimes when I see a "blah" collection used in an actual quilt, the beauty of the fabric really comes out and suddenly I see the appeal!

I agree with grammaterry; having a big stash can make you choosier about buying new fabric. Also, a great many collections aren't appealing from the get-go if you're not looking to make a holiday quilt or a baby quilt, or if you're not big on the gray trend.

Leave a comment:

• Tracie T
    replied

That's cute, Katrina! I like it...thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

It happens. Maybe a visit to a real store to pet new fabrics that may inspire you. I know I. Not falling for new lines lately, except I really like the designer Jason Yenter lines by In The Beginning. The fabric feels like silk.

I hope it passes soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X